Aux light switch

Dunblane56

Reaction score
2012 R1200 GSA

Can this original Aux light switch be repaired ??
Mine seems to have run out of contact and is very sensitive even to bumps in the road will make it turn off :mad:

Thanks

2012 R1200 GSA

Can this original Aux light switch be repaired ??
Mine seems to have run out of contact and is very sensitive even to bumps in the road will make it turn off :mad:

Thanks
If you can open it, you can fix it.
It's only a rocker switch can't be much can go wrong with it.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Small piece of plastic behind the switch will fix it. Did it to ex missus's GSA years ago. It's a bit fiddly but doable. I used a piece cut out of an aerosol lid.

Do a search on here. There’s a documented fix for this involving inserting a small piece of plastic behind the switch as Gazza says. I did it on mine using the info on here. Fiddly but not hard.

Think a new one from bmw is about £150 fitted .

Think a new one from bmw is about £150 fitted .

This repair is really easy and takes about 45 mins, 30 mins was waiting for the 2 part adhesive to go off, cost about 50p.
Wait and see how long it lasts but you never know.....might be as long as a new one

Luckily mine was done under warranty

I've got the extra switch on the left cluster, but I can't find the other end, I haven't taken the tank off to find it yet, but that seems to be my next option.

I've got the extra switch on the left cluster, but I can't find the other end, I haven't taken the tank off to find it yet, but that seems to be my next option.
You will need to remove the tank.
The plug sits on top of the zfe/ecu it's easy enough to unplug but near impossible to disconnect the plug from the zre/ecu housing as its clipped on and it's very difficult to release it.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom