I sure hate changing tyres on a Harley...

That looks rather nice Trickster!

What you need to do now is come over here for a bit of off road riding. We can do a few muddy lanes on the TET and then I'll take you up Buster Hill on it (not a euphemism) and we'll see how you get on ;)

Is that Butser lime works ?

I’ve ridden that route over Butser .... its a twat up - and a bigger twat down... chalk - rutted- twat of a route....

Do you not have ride in ride out bike tyre fitters there?

When I get my tyres changed, I just ride in, sit in the lounge and have a coffee then ride out again half an hour later with new tyres all nicely balanced. They charge me £25 over the cost of the tyres to do this. Life's too short for fighting with Harley tyres.

Not that I’m aware of, at least around northern WV. Here you can have it done at the Harley dealer by buying the tyres there at full retail then paying them their shop rate of probably $95 per hour to do all the work. Or remove the wheels yourself and take them in to a place where you have already ordered the tyres from (generally at top dollar) and pay them around $35 per wheel to remove, dispose of the old, mount and balance the new.
Or buy them mail order at discount then do it myself.

I suspect it is!

You should have got a nice 690 or a 701 as they're 50Kgs lighter (but don't tell JB!) ;)

I seriously considered a Husky 701 and had one specced up but Giles made me focus by saying buy a bike to suit the riding you are actually wanting to do not what you think you’d like to do. So the T7 made more sense particularly as I want to do some of the Northern European TET stuff and maybe Iceland in the future which means having a bike comfortable enough to get there in reasonable time and also capable of enjoying the tracks and riding once there. :thumb2

I’ve ridden that route over Butser .... its a twat up - and a bigger twat down... chalk - rutted- twat of a route....

You've spoilt the surprise now! :D

It is indeed a twat of a route, especially as the rut is now more of a WW1 trench in depth, but it's easier on the west side trail.

I seriously considered a Husky 701 and had one specced up but Giles made me focus by saying buy a bike to suit the riding you are actually wanting to do not what you think you’d like to do. So the T7 made more sense particularly as I want to do some of the Northern European TET stuff and maybe Iceland in the future which means having a bike comfortable enough to get there in reasonable time and also capable of enjoying the tracks and riding once there. :thumb2

There's nowt wrong with the T7, I think it is a fabulous bike and looks good too! It will do everything you have planned as per above (but don't tell JB :p:D)

I just fall off a lot, and the 690 is about as heavy as I really want to pick up more than once in a day!

Others may come and go but this is a bike for the long term. :)

Have a soft luggage system already in place and GPS sorted. Thinking of some of the Yamaha crash bars for the front, heated grips and a set of barkbusters and I’ll be good to go. :thumb2

Good to hear Tricky, I'm keeping mine too. I have Bumot soft luggage on the way as well as Oxford heated grips. I need to mount my old Zumo GPS still.

I use Jesse black boxes (meant for a GS1200) on my FXSTC!

Others may come and go but this is a bike for the long term. :)

Have a soft luggage system already in place and GPS sorted. Thinking of some of the Yamaha crash bars for the front, heated grips and a set of barkbusters and I’ll be good to go. :thumb2

Good to hear Tricky, I'm keeping mine too. I have Bumot soft luggage on the way as well as Oxford heated grips. I need to mount my old Zumo GPS still.

How do they look? Did you fabricate the brackets yourself?

They look great Clifton.

Yes I had to bend, drill holes and polish some rather thick st. st. for brackets.

How do they look? Did you fabricate the brackets yourself?

Here's a couple of photos from my 2006 camping trip to Nordkapp:

Attachments

• Nordkapp Trip 2006 123.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 123.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Nordkapp Trip 2006 174.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 174.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 60
Here's another two:

Attachments

• Nordkapp Trip 2006 124.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 124.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Nordkapp Trip 2006 238.jpg
    Nordkapp Trip 2006 238.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 57
Looks like they worked well. Are those air horns?

Back
Top Bottom