Nav 5 to 6

kingsol007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am considering treating myself to a nav 6 this Xmas.
What is the best price for a nav 6 and how much can I expect for my fully working and in good condition nav 5
Cheers 👍

Good condition NAV 5s seem to go for around £250-275. A recent advert asking for £300 seemed to stick around for a while so perhaps that was a little OTT.

Have you considered if there are any useful advantages in upgrading. I've had a look at the 5 and 6 and to my mind there doesn't really seem to be much to justify the extra expenditure.

That said, you are entitled to treat yourself for Christmas.

"Jingle Bells"

Good condition NAV 5s seem to go for around £250-275. A recent advert asking for £300 seemed to stick around for a while so perhaps that was a little OTT.

Have you considered if there are any useful advantages in upgrading. I've had a look at the 5 and 6 and to my mind there doesn't really seem to be much to justify the extra expenditure.

That said, you are entitled to treat yourself for Christmas.

"Jingle Bells"

What exactly doesn't justify the expenditure ?

I went from a 4 to a 6 - no brainer

Works with jog wheel ( didn't have an LC at the time , but new I would be getting one)

Better screen visibility

Mp3 streaming from your phone, rather than having a SD card in the unit

that sold it for me

Ok the 5 works with the jog wheel allready but the other bits were still worth it

I have both at moment.

Upgraded and kept 5 for other bike.

The screen is better for sure.

Merry Xmas, enjoy it.

I got mine from Northern Ireland bmw. Cheapest in country at time

What exactly doesn't justify the expenditure ?

I went from a 4 to a 6 - no brainer

Works with jog wheel ( didn't have an LC at the time , but new I would be getting one)

Better screen visibility

Mp3 streaming from your phone, rather than having a SD card in the unit

that sold it for me

Ok the 5 works with the jog wheel allready but the other bits were still worth it

True but the OP is going, as I read it, from a V to a VI, where the difference may be less marked from that of going from a IV to a Vi.

I have both a V and a VI, previously owning a IV and most incarnations of the device, right back to the Quest. They all worked pretty well, is the basic truth. The one big jump for me, was the integration with the whirly wheel thing. Before that, the arrival of the four button cradle, But, I’m easily pleased.

Sold my Nav 5 on Facebook Marketplace in a couple of days for £305 after having advertised it here for what seemed like an eternity without success.
Sold the 4 button cradle for £55 + £5 postage within hours on ebay after advertising it here for a couple of weeks without success.

Put all the money towards buying a brand new Zumo XT for £380 so considering the Nav 5 was a freebie with the GS I bought in 2014, not a bad deal.:)

Back
Top Bottom