early evo sportster prices

I sold mine for £4.2k in March this year.. had quite a few people trying to buy.. but I was happy with the price .. I then cleared £600 selling all the shit I’d unbolted from it...so £4.8k in total.

Was it anything like this, Twizzle??

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_201050.jpg
    IMG_20200702_201050.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200731_121429.jpg
    IMG_20200731_121429.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 77
Ha! Spooky - looks very familiar!!!

Couple of changes since I last saw it !!

How’s it behaving?

T

Haha, helo you.
It's great and I love it.
For me at 6ft tall, it's just fine in it's funky, jacked-up guise.

Obviously not ridden it as much as I'd have liked but at least the lockdown gave me time to alter a few thing to my liking.
Mainly chain tensioner, extend side stand and weld a cracked leaky oil tank.
Whilst I was at it I fitted tracker bars and grips, retro bob air filter, front mudguard with braces, paint here and there etc etc
I'm pretty happy with its current form but I just know it will continue evolving!

Great thing about Harley’s how you can make them yours!

Haha, helo you.
It's great and I love it.
For me at 6ft tall, it's just fine in it's funky, jacked-up guise.

Obviously not ridden it as much as I'd have liked but at least the lockdown gave me time to alter a few thing to my liking.
Mainly chain tensioner, extend side stand and weld a cracked leaky oil tank.
Whilst I was at it I fitted tracker bars and grips, retro bob air filter, front mudguard with braces, paint here and there etc etc
I'm pretty happy with its current form but I just know it will continue evolving!

I tried to tell Twizz it needed tracker bars. Would he listen? Oh no.

And it's good to see somebody else has good taste in funky grips. (A bit racey for our Twizz methinks :D) :beerjug:

deceided not to get a 4 speed bike,and after reading rob s post glad i didnt,the search goes on !

5 Speed/belt from 1990.... next major change 2004 ... with the larger frame and I should add - rubber mount

so how does the larger frame work? foot peg to seat height or longer?

so how does the larger frame work? foot peg to seat height or longer?

Better ergonomics.... rider comfort ...the foot pegs sit high on the solid mount ... my old sporty pictured above has bespoke footrest hangers to gain max legroom..they are still quite high mind..

This explains it......cut n paste job from inter web

Amazingly, Harley claimed that the updated 2004 Sportster chassis was 126% stiffer than before – demonstrating just how wobbly the outgoing model was! Still made from tubular steel in a twin-cradle design it features a host of new elements, the most significant of which is the motor being rubber mounted rather than rigidly set. A new three tie-link securing the motor within the chassis also improved the Sportsters’ handling while repositioning the battery and oil tank under the seat not only allowed Harley to give the bikes a more comfortable riding position, but also made it visually cleaner and symmetrical. Finally, a 17-litre tank replaced the old 12.5-litre unit while keeping the traditional ‘peanut’ profile and a steering head lock was added.

After I bought the Sportster it inspired a friend of mine to buy his first Harley.
A few months later he found this gem on Facebook, a 2006 XL1200R with only 14000 miles on the clock.
He got it for £4500 and it was only 65 miles away, lucky bugger!

If you want a bit more refinement, I'd recommend one of these.
Goes like stink too (for a Sporty!).

Attachments

• 2 Harleys.jpg
    2 Harleys.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 138
so the 1100 4 speed would have been a good buy money wise it seems:blast

Back
Top Bottom