Switched live wire on 2009

Lemon

Reaction score
Hiya. Thought I'd find the blue and red wire easily enough but now I'm not so sure. Can someone help me identify a switched live wire on my 2009 1200GS for my camera system please?

I can't submit photos from my phone?

I have the rear tray off and I have the harness connector going into the rear electronics box with the following wires :
Yellow with red line
Yellow with black line
Green with yellow line
Brown
Red

Maybe the wire I'm looking for is hiding elsewhere under a sheath 🤔

Hiya. Thought I'd find the blue and red wire easily enough but now I'm not so sure. Can someone help me identify a switched live wire on my 2009 1200GS for my camera system please?

Why not just pick up the Wires on the Charging port to trip a relay for accessories

When the Ignition goes on the Relay clicks in

Then 30 seconds after you shut down the relay shuts off

That way you can't have the Camera/ GPS drawing power from the canbus

The USB charging port? Do you know which wire I'd select from there? My intention was to find the red wire with blue stripe as I believe that's the rear light and would achieve the same thing. I'm open to suggestions of course :)

I'm testing it using the USB power cable rather than the battery + yellow wire and after turning off the engine it is still on five minutes later and counting. I'm unsure if this would change when trapping into the wire using the power box supplied with the cameras rather than using the socket, I'm not the best at electronics :)

If I could find that red and blue wire I'd be able to copy what others have done.

BMW always use Brown for Ground / -ve.
As suggested use a feed to trip a relay as when a camera, etc with a battery fitted it can keep the can bus alive and flatten your bike battery.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, I thought? That's how the system is designed. It's how I've seen dozens of people recommend doing it. It comes with a power module that connects to red and black on battery plus a yellow wire to connect to a switched live wire so it doesn't drain the battery. Saying use a feed to trip a relay is not helping me because I'm not electrically minded. I simply want to find the correct wire to T-tap into with the yellow wire but I think I'm being dumb 🤣

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, I thought? That's how the system is designed. It's how I've seen dozens of people recommend doing it. It comes with a power module that connects to red and black on battery plus a yellow wire to connect to a switched live wire so it doesn't drain the battery. Saying use a feed to trip a relay is not helping me because I'm not electrically minded. I simply want to find the correct wire to T-tap into with the yellow wire but I think I'm being dumb ��

at the DIN plug NOT USB there are two wires Black and red Red is switched live via canbus

The DIN for the USB charger socket has brown wire and red with green line. If you're referring to a different DIN do you know where it is on 2009 model? Thank you 🤗

The Red with green tracer is live / +ve at the Din plug and Brown is Ground / -ve.
This will shut down 30 to 90 seconds after the ignition is switched off.
If you want to switch it off at the same time as the ignition use the tail light feed.
Often handy to have the delay on a camera.

Apologies My mind said Red with Green trace and my hands wrote Red

Red is perm live on most of the bikes If I recall correctly

grey with black trace is always sidelamp

brown is always earth

Thanks a lot! Gonna connect it to the red With green tracer and hope that works. Appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom