Servo Failure Ireland. Help needed.

luke scott

Reaction score
So I’ve had a “phone diagnosis “ :augie and it appears the servo on my 2005 1150 Adventure is dying / dead. The front circuit still works but there’s only residual braking on the rear. I’m looking for a referral to a competent person here in Dublin to remove the servo etc and return it to normal braking. Thanks

So I’ve had a “phone diagnosis “ :augie and it appears the servo on my 2005 1150 Adventure is dying / dead. The front circuit still works but there’s only residual braking on the rear. I’m looking for a referral to a competent person here in Dublin to remove the servo etc and return it to normal braking. Thanks

The SE?

Remove it, plenty of guides here

I haven’t done mine yet - but have all the bits, for when the time comes

I bought the correct 1150 Adv rear brake hose for a non ABS Adv - £45 from BMW’s

A u shaped brake union adapter from Motorworks £12

A neat stainless bracket from USA for the ecu on the ABS pump (chap on AdvRider sells them) so you can bolt to battery tray and seals up against water/dirt ingress - cost £35

That is all you need at most and them just plumb the mc to the callipers, via the existing brake lines and Change the rear hose (not necessary but the non abs version looks neater)

When I do it I want to remove the abs rings and sensors from the wheels too (except rear sensor, unless I can find a blanking plate solution or non abs rear bevel)

The SE?

Remove it, plenty of guides here

I haven’t done mine yet - but have all the bits, for when the time comes

I bought the correct 1150 Adv rear brake hose for a non ABS Adv - £45 from BMW’s

A u shaped brake union adapter from Motorworks £12

A neat stainless bracket from USA for the ecu on the ABS pump (chap on AdvRider sells them) so you can bolt to battery tray and seals up against water/dirt ingress - cost £35

That is all you need at most and them just plumb the mc to the callipers, via the existing brake lines and Change the rear hose (not necessary but the non abs version looks neater)

When I do it I want to remove the abs rings and sensors from the wheels too (except rear sensor, unless I can find a blanking plate solution or non abs rear bevel)

Hi John, yes the SE. I’m hoping to find someone here with experience of doing the removal.

Hi John, yes the SE. I’m hoping to find someone here with experience of doing the removal.

Get the right bits and let them do it

You can use the existing rear Adv ABS bike brake hose - but the mc banjo is at a funny angle and for the sake of £45 I think the non ABS rear hose looks and fits better

If there is a "stuey" still in Cotters, I think he is BMW trained.

Is Mark in Bray completely finished with the motorcycles now??

DM Jochen, he can probably point you in the right direction.

S20 5G sent this......

DM Jochen, he can probably point you in the right direction

:p

Haven’t seen Stuey in Cotter’s for a long time. Only get tyres done there...

Robbie in Moto Technic is a good shout :thumb

A bit further afield are AMI in Gorey. Only ever had services done by them, and tyres, but they’re friendly, efficient & I’ve never heard anything bad about their workmanship

Its really not a complicated Job Luke

The front brake gets repiped either with a non ABS union or a bend of copper brake pipe between the upper and lower pipes

The rear pipe gets changed for a NON ABS rear brake pipe

And you simply unscrew the ABS Electronics box off the Servo Unit when you remove it and seal it up and plug it back in the loom and secure it in the bike

Once you have the bike basically in one bit and brakes bled?

You just pull the blue relay in the fuse box and the remaining lit bulb out of the ABS warning lamp and That should be you

The electronics box continues to operate your sidelamps and the brake lights and your Brake light

And your Brake Hydraulics are direct to the calipers now

:rob :rob :rob

Back
Top Bottom