XR650L

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Never knew this was in production in USA and other parts.....

247feacc2a091f827d7ce1b14b8b98ac.jpg

e81c1239644137559592b68047b3711d.jpg

Looks a good old plodder

Air cooled ... so shafted by the EU...

Great bike , very capable , plenty of go , no need to stand up just gun it . Oh and plenty of fat cruisers in Hanoi ����

Generally considered a dated, heavy, pig, with a fairly torquey motor and maybe slightly better suspension than Suzuki's DR650 which it competes with over here. I had one along with a couple DR650's. I once took that XR650L on an organized dual sport ride and in spite of me being way over my head I actually made it through. What saved me was its good low end torque plus I had dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and mounted full off road knobbies that were brand new.
I just checked Honda's site and damn if it's still in the lineup for 2021! $7,000 though.:eek: https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/xr650l

I've got an old tatty but reliable 1989 NX650 with the same engine with both an electric and kick start. I was going to say they don’t make them like that anymore, but they apparently do.

Generally considered a dated, heavy, pig, with a fairly torquey motor and maybe slightly better suspension than Suzuki's DR650 which it competes with over here. I had one along with a couple DR650's. I once took that XR650L on an organized dual sport ride and in spite of me being way over my head I actually made it through. What saved me was its good low end torque plus I had dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and mounted full off road knobbies that were brand new.
I just checked Honda's site and damn if it's still in the lineup for 2021! $7,000 though.:eek: https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/xr650l

You think $7000 is expensive?

For a new motorcycle made in Japan I suppose not. I should say $7,000 is expensive for a new motorcycle that is heavy, slow, and hasn't been improved in its almost 40 year run. Between the two I prefer Suzuki's DR650 but it's now up to $6,700 and it hasn't been upgraded either.
The NX versions (both 650 and 250) were ahead of the time over here but Honda had to heavily discount back then to sell them, while today a modern version is what a lot of people are clamoring for. I believe the new CRF300 Rally just might be the modern NX250.

Back
Top Bottom