Clocks Hack

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know of a hack to get into the clocks system to change KPG to MPG etc? I know that on some of the older bikes you could hold down a button, stand on one foot, switch on ignition etc and get into the system. I have a 2008 F650 twin - same clocks as the 700 and 800.

Anyone know of a hack to get into the clocks system to change KPG to MPG etc? I know that on some of the older bikes you could hold down a button, stand on one foot, switch on ignition etc and get into the system. I have a 2008 F650 twin - same clocks as the 700 and 800.

GS911 did it on my 2010 Hexhead - possibly would do it on F650?

GS911 will do it if you know someone that has one. I do but not local to you unfortunately.

Is Motoscan app available for IOS, do you know? I can’t find it in the AppStore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info. I have a Vgate OBD2 ELM327 scanner which I have used with Bimmercode on my BMW car. It is BT so supports IOS and Android. I think I will buy the connector and then see what I can do about the app. As you said, Radio, I may have to buy or borrow an Android.

Thanks for all the info. I have a Vgate OBD2 ELM327 scanner which I have used with Bimmercode on my BMW car. It is BT so supports IOS and Android. I think I will buy the connector and then see what I can do about the app. As you said, Radio, I may have to buy or borrow an Android.

If we ever get out of lockdown, I'm quite happy to bimble over one day & plug my OBDlink in & use my phone to change the settings - I'm not a million miles away!!

Depends how much of a hurry you're in...... ;-)

D

If we ever get out of lockdown, I'm quite happy to bimble over one day & plug my OBDlink in & use my phone to change the settings - I'm not a million miles away!!

D

D
Very kind Sir. I may take you up on that if we ever see the light of day. Cheers

Cool,

PM we when we're out of Tier 4 & we'll knock something up!

Merry Christmas,

D

Well my son gave me an old Android and I got the connector, downloaded the app and the coding was a piece of cake. I started with a simple thing - turning the clock from 24h to 12hr to make sure it would work and that went fine. Now have all the digital readouts in miles, mpg, etc. Happy! I use a Nav 5 displaying the speed (and speed limit) so the Speedo is redundant!
I am also pleased to see that I can reset service intervals and various other bits and bobs. Interestingly I also found a slide sensor setting which is set at 50%. I would have thought a 2008 bike was a bit old for such a thing but maybe it has a different use to that which I am thinking. Any ideas?

Here is a picture of the slide sensor screen. I am sure I was on the wrong track!
3d599ce6254caf06cdd33c3c4e94373d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom