HD advert

Just how much is the 'all in one' package for a new 1250GSA?

Aftermarket accessories and owner identifiable clothing must cost at least another £2-5K.

No wonder most of the new owners are rich wrinkles offloading their offshore retirement accounts and ISA portfolios.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

It was leaked "around $17K for the base version and $19K for the premium". Well let's assume they are saying that $17,999 is around $17K. So even $18,000 and $20,000. That puts the base about the same a Low Rider and the premium about the same as a Road King. I would imagine panniers to be in addition. Over here this certainly undercuts BMW's GS.
Add to those figures, the shipping, import duty and VAT costs.
They would not sell it for less than what Americans buy it for.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Add to those figures, the shipping, import duty and VAT costs.
They would not sell it for less than what Americans buy it for.

Well yes, it's difficult to directly compare prices which is why I referenced two current motorcycles in their lineup. Over here HD adds $500 destination to MSRP price and while U.S. doesn't have VAT most States have their own version up to 10%, in WV it's called "use tax" and it's 6%. How much duty does UK add on motorcycles? How much would say a base model Triumph Scrambler 1200 cost there w/o VAT? Here they start at $14,000.

Well yes, it's difficult to directly compare prices which is why I referenced two current motorcycles in their lineup. Over here HD adds $500 destination to MSRP price and while U.S. doesn't have VAT most States have their own version up to 10%, in WV it's called "use tax" and it's 6%. How much duty does UK add on motorcycles? How much would say a base model Triumph Scrambler 1200 cost there w/o VAT? Here they start at $14,000.

Triumph scrambler without tax would be circa £10,000 so with current exchange rate $14k sounds about right... but it’s £12,300 with tax “ on the road” as we call it

VAT is 20%

OK. So maybe the Pan Am will sell for £13,000 to £14,500 plus whatever duty, plus 20% VAT. Maybe less though because Harley seems more interested in the European market for this bike.

OK. So maybe the Pan Am will sell for £13,000 to £14,500 plus whatever duty, plus 20% VAT. Maybe less though because Harley seems more interested in the European market for this bike.

Maybe I can part-ex my old and decrepit 02 black 1150GSA for one along with the aged bmw clothing which is a bit too tight.

Patria o Muerte

Duty on US bikes is a whopping 25%.... which HD are currently sucking up... this is an EU/Trump fight..... and may change for the Uk from 1st Jan..reckon the street price including tax will be £15k ish...

I thought you got the hell out of the EU? Regardless that 25% duty is beyond HD's control that's the government.

I thought you got the hell out of the EU? Regardless that 25% duty is beyond HD's control that's the government.

We are from midnight tomorrow......we’ve just had an 11 month transition period where we still followed EU rules etc...

But that’s all sorted now ... so 1st Jan we become the 51st State....USS Great Britain...

Congratulations and glad you're out but I realize it was a close vote so probably 1/2 of you are not happy.

Congratulations and glad you're out but I realize it was a close vote so probably 1/2 of you are not happy.

It’s divided the country for sure.... the vote was too close really as you say half in/ half out...

Still it’s done now and for better or worse we are on our way....

It’s divided the country for sure.... the vote was too close really as you say half in/ half out...

Still it’s done now and for better or worse we are on our way....

Unfortunately, we've got Sturgeon up here who wants to go back in via independence!

More mess on its way!

Unfortunately, we've got Sturgeon up here who wants to go back in via independence!

More mess on its way!

I doubt she will be given the chance... Tory and Labour both against given her a second run...

Conservative and unionist party has a clue in its name and Labour probably have the hump for the SNP trashing all their seats

I doubt she will be given the chance... Tory and Labour both against given her a second run...

Conservative and unionist party has a clue in its name and Labour probably have the hump for the SNP trashing all their seats

I sincerely hope they block her!

Off to the politics section damn you. How dare you all sully the sanctity of this utopian oasis. MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s Clinton’s fault - always blame the Merkins....

It’s Clinton’s fault - always blame the Merkins....

And you....YOU! You should know better. I expect it of the others but you?. You have let yourself down and the group down. You also can't go around blaming a greetings card shop for everything.

Sorry - you are right..

I’ll not do it again.

Back
Top Bottom