HD advert

‘Twas a strange ad populated with warnings such as ‘prototype model’ ‘professional rider’ ‘not currently available’ ‘private roads’; as if they were gauging interest before starting actual production :nenau

Got a ticket for the ABR festival in July and maybe for us GS riders with old models will have a chance to put it through it's paces on the 20kms off road course being laid out.
Hopefully if we crash and smash one, we don't have to buy it (small print) when signing the waiver form.

That's if MoCo bring it along.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

f580d8acf3bdbb1ecbcdced0b347bbb8.jpg

It’s SO exciting ......

Just seen the TV ADVERT during a movie on ITV . All the disclaimers were just the nonsense we have to put up now in an ever more litigious society, to be expected really from an American company.

I'm interested in this bike and the Covid delay has probably allowed them to correct, improve, or at least tweak a few things. But still, given that it takes Harley a while to "fix" any improvements they make on their existing bikes, would anyone here actually contemplate purchasing a completely new motorcycle from them without waiting a couple years to see what problems may show up?

We really have no idea how good (or bad) this bike is yet but competitively priced if it turns out to be quite good I could be..... if it proves to be reliable. But you have no interest at all.....because you don't want an "adventure" bike? You don't like the styling and prefer the more retro look? Just wondering....

Having seen the telly advert, I believe the rider is about seven feet tall !

I think H-D are way too late to make an impact in Europe.

However that still leaves the vast US and Far East markets open to them ... and I hope they do well with it.

They're entering a mature segment and are as late in the US and Far East markets as they are in Europe. Still it's a solid market that's still probably growing more than heavy weight cruisers and tourers.

We really have no idea how good (or bad) this bike is yet but competitively priced if it turns out to be quite good I could be..... if it proves to be reliable. But you have no interest at all.....because you don't want an "adventure" bike? You don't like the styling and prefer the more retro look? Just wondering....

Not a fan of the styling to be honest - having said that I do like a road glide..and they share some DNA..

(In the fairing area) - I’ll wait till I see one in the tin before I pass final judgment

I saw one at the Cleveland MC show I guess it was February 2019 and we all thought it looked better in real life. Certainly no worse than a GS or KTM.

They are going to have to be sharp on the pricing, if it is ridiculously priced like their overweight cruisers and tourers then it will bomb against the established market leaders BMW/Ducati/KTM.

It was leaked "around $17K for the base version and $19K for the premium". Well let's assume they are saying that $17,999 is around $17K. So even $18,000 and $20,000. That puts the base about the same a Low Rider and the premium about the same as a Road King. I would imagine panniers to be in addition. Over here this certainly undercuts BMW's GS.

Back
Top Bottom