Remote access into an iPad

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It would be really useful if I could get remote access into the mother-in-law's iPad, instead of spending ages on the 'phone trying to talk her through basic stuff.

I'd be doing it from my MacBook pro.

Any recommendations on an easy way to do this ?

Thanks
John

Team Viewer https://www.teamviewer.com/en/solutions/remote-desktop/ios/

I use it a lot. You have to be on the phone to them to obtain the ID and password so you can connect.

How you get it on her computer is another matter. I got my sister to use Whatsapp so I could tell her where to click and type in order to download it. That involved swapping the camera from front to back... Good luck!!

Dave

As above, Team Viewer is a an easy bit of software to use. I have it installed on my old mans Macbook, so when ever it/he has a problem it's easily sorted. It's also free which is an added bonus.

As above, Team Viewer is a an easy bit of software to use. I have it installed on my old mans Macbook, so when ever it/he has a problem it's easily sorted. It's also free which is an added bonus.

I don't think it works on a tablet such as the ipad. I tried to use with my mum & dad, to be fair they're not computer literate at all and I'm no expert but have used it a number of times with other people but couldn't get it to work on their ipad.

Having said that just had a look at the Teamviewer site and it may be possible with a new bit of software called Teamviewer QuickSupport. I've just tried it on my ipad and can't seem to be able to control it remotely but you can see the screen & any actions done on the ipad so would potentially be able to explain how to do certain things but it would be much easier if you could control it remotely like you can with a desktop.

Yep I had a quick look before I posted and saw this,

Whether you’re logging in to help a co-worker, family member, or friend, you can solve their technical issues no matter what device or operating system you’re using. You can access their device from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.

TeamViewer™ allows you to connect across platforms as long as the connection supports either Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, or Android.

I presumed an iPad running a Mac OS would be ok with the software, looks like you may have to do a little tinkering to get it to work.

I don't think it works on a tablet such as the ipad. I tried to use with my mum & dad, to be fair they're not computer literate at all and I'm no expert but have used it a number of times with other people but couldn't get it to work on their ipad.

Having said that just had a look at the Teamviewer site and it may be possible with a new bit of software called Teamviewer QuickSupport. I've just tried it on my ipad and can't seem to be able to control it remotely but you can see the screen & any actions done on the ipad so would potentially be able to explain how to do certain things but it would be much easier if you could control it remotely like you can with a desktop.

My link in post #2 should do it! D

My link in post #2 should do it! D

Not really, you need a different app called Teamviewer quicksupport for ipads and I was trying to point out that remote control is not possible (as far as I know) with the ipad due to restrictions imposed by Apple. You can however use the app I mentioned to see/share their screen.

Apple tech support took over my iPhone remotely, I assume that’s the same for iPad. No idea if the software they used is available for non Apple techs.

Back
Top Bottom