Another Auxillary Light question !

hondated

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I explain in the video I decided I needed to improve my lighting and I needed to do it as cheaply as possible.
But now having tried it out , and after frightening a white van man when I switched the lights on when I went to pass him in the lanes so much so I saw his brake lights come on as I passed I have discovered that the switch isn't close enough on the bars for me to operate without lifting my arm off of them.
My original thinking was if I am out in the lanes and need extra lighting then thats what I need but I of cause recognise that if another vehicle is approaching I need to turn them off immediately.
So all that said could someone give me some advice to these questions. Oh ! rather not pay out for a HexEZcan either.
How difficult would it be to , rather than have a switch , to connect these lights to the main beam switch
If I do that then will they be included in the MOT inspection
Can the headlight be improved in any way
Given how cheap they were would it be better to change them for running lights.
Appreciate ant advice anyone could give me.
Hopefully this video will give you more of a laugh than your likely to have watching Mrs Browns Boys or The Vicar of Dibley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKCOOWMrlw

Thanks mickeyboy I really appreciate the time you took in posting this Ted

Nice video, enjoyed that and it did make me smile. I have similar bike, lights are appalling but I don't ride at night. My beam seems to be scattered all over the shop.... should try and fix it really before I get caught out!

Your like me the LMJ . It was only when I got caught out , after having my bike repaired , I had to ride in the dark that I realised how bad the lights are. Mind you it didn't help that I decided to take a ride around to Beachy Head as well.
Bobs comment on the video was a fair one but I couldn't find a bar any cheaper. At £20 they were never going to be as good as Denali lights but I got to say when I did put them on I could see a lot more of the road.Might pay me to just get a day time only MOT next year then Thanks for your kind words John. Ted

If you fit them the other way up so the lights are above the bar you can the adjust them to point downwards so they won't be so dazzling to other traffic. Having them lower means you have a shallower angle so more likely to blind motorists coming in the other direction. I had similar ones to you on my 1200 GS but without the long fixing arm and put them on the top and never had a problem with other motorists

Attachments

• 20191114_104834.jpg
    20191114_104834.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 216
Thanks littleade that sounds like great advice given you have already tried it out. So I will do that now. Ted

Thanks Bob I appreciate that and as I said there was nothing wrong with your comment at all. Ted

Back
Top Bottom