Denali D4 and cansmart installed... Gremlins in programming

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve installed this set up today on my GSA and overall very happy but..... :D

Following “a bike thing” settings on the programming by having the red and white circuit operating the front left and right respectively, I opted for the left light to switch off when indicating and visa versa.

However.. when I indicate left they both switch off and when I indicate right they both stay on :(

Any Denali experts on here who could give me an idea what I’ve done wrong? I’ve turned the option off for now so they stay on when indicating.

Cheers and merry Christmas :beerjug:

Jon

And can you post up a screen grab/photo of your settings page?

I had to up the amps to 7.5 as at 5 amp it was tripping the cansmart out.

I've watched the video on setting up s many times and can't see why its not working as it should. :(

Jon
Did you get this fixed? I also bought a set just before Christmas, and now I am in Tier 4 as of today!), I expect to get some time now to start the installation...
I do like the idea of the indicator side dimming when the indicator is on, but haven't decided yet whether to do the simple install, or go for the turn-sensitive option...

Cheers!

Jon
Did you get this fixed? I also bought a set just before Christmas, and now I am in Tier 4 as of today!), I expect to get some time now to start the installation...
I do like the idea of the indicator side dimming when the indicator is on, but haven't decided yet whether to do the simple install, or go for the turn-sensitive option...

Cheers!

Changed to a Gen 2 Cansmart from a Gen 1 a few weeks ago and set them up for going off when indicating, it was very easy setup and works fine. I didn't do anything different to the setup shown in the paperwork that came with it and there was no issues. Only thing different to the screen shot above, was I had - white circuit left and red circuit right and left and right is from sitting on the bike, not looking from the front.

Thanks Casbar - going to start the job this afternoon :)

Thanks for the prompt - the instructions do say Left is White (unlike the OP's write-up)...

Maybe that's the OP's problem solver???

Back
Top Bottom