Bar risers

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all.
I had lots of Christmas toys one of which was a phone mounted which I’ve tried in a few places on the bars but I think I may just mount it in the middle, in order to do this I’ve got to get the bars off.
I am only 5’6” tall so it’s quite a big bike for me but I do love it. When I get around 100miles into a journey I start to get pain across my shoulders and I was just wondering having never had any, while I’ve got The bars off is it worth fitting any bar risers? I know there only around £80 but it’s still a waste of money if it won’t solve the problem.

My best present was off my wife my nick name is Jako and I have a few private reg plates but she got me

JK05
FUN

Thanks in advance

I would have the same issue after about 90 mins across my shoulder blades but also my arse would ache. The pain in in between my shoulder blades was really bad which also effected my neck.

I decided to change the seat to a Sargent seat and also add Rok risers at the same time. It cured the problem so I didn't test them individually.

However, I find at 5'10" my knee bend to be slightly high so I raised the ESA to rider with luggage which improved the leg height but after about 90 mins again I had really bad issues with my shoulder blades again, just like before.

Now, I realise that the original seat and indeed raising the height of the rear end tilts my pelvis to an uncomfortable position. So for me it was more about the seat but I've been happy enough with the position of the bars using risers.

F750 GS

Quite a bit of pain come from muscle memory

The 750& 850's are tall bikes theres no denying that,

I'm 5'5" and ride a factory lowered GS

My first bike was an 06 Hexhead with Rox risers, (Up & back) it was a very upright position, great for day to day riding,

but with the bars 30mm up and back, control on full lock was shall we say interesting, because your hands are very close to the tank and your body.

I moved to the later LC with no risers and hated it, pain in my shoulders & wrists. I purchased a set of Rox risers 30mm fitted them, and took them straight off

the position on full lock, was to me worse than on the Hexhead

Move forward 6 months, one 1500 mile trip, and apart from some buzzing in the bars , i have no pain in neck or shoulders,

my body has adapted to the bars position, and i now find it the norm.

The other thing that worked well with the Rox risers was the screen, the hexhead had a give airflow which offered superb protection from the wind

Nothing exists for the LC, apart from a few extended screens - none of which prevent buffering completely , but coupled with the bars in the normal position, seems to work

Lowering the bike might give you the same result

Back
Top Bottom