Ignition Coil Connector & Wiring

donnie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
I have diagnosed a running issue to broken terminals inside the wiring connectors that attach to one of the primary ignition coils. I have two questions;

1. Is the wire that attaches to the ignition coil a separate component or part of the main wiring loom?

2. Does anyone know where replacement terminals can be acquired?

Thanks.

Thanks botus. I'll investigate further based on that. Connector 6 is the right part, just need to check the terminals come with it. I would imagine so.

Cheers.

I’m reasonable sure that there is a repair harness available from BMW.

This could be it...part no 83300402341....but check first.

Attachments

• 78B88E8C-C733-47CD-ACFB-85466336BD72.jpeg
    78B88E8C-C733-47CD-ACFB-85466336BD72.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 370
That's the right part number but I think you just get the connector. I can't see whether the contacts come with it or not. Need to call Wollaston's tomorrow.

That's the right part number but I think you just get the connector. I can't see whether the contacts come with it or not. Need to call Wollaston's tomorrow.

As far as I know speaking from experience, they only sell repair cables. The connectors and the special tools required to crimp them are exclusive to BMW workshops.

Try searching the part number on your broken connector. You may find that it is an exclusive BMW part No.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partgrp?id=0307-EUR-03-2007-K25-BMW-R_1200_GS_04_0307,0317_&mg=61

Just buy the required repair harness,

cut the old one off and solder the new one in if you dont want the faff of crimping connectors

get your quote from a BMW car dealerships parts dept though, for some reason the appear to be cheaper compared to motorrad spares depts

Thanks.

I picked up two repair kits today. It's a shame BMW don't provide the same kit but completely disassembled so you could trim the old terminals off, crimp the new ones onto the existing wires then slide them into the new connector.

I probably will solder but I'd rather put back to original if possible if I can't find some original terminals.

Thanks.

I picked up two repair kits today. It's a shame BMW don't provide the same kit but completely disassembled so you could trim the old terminals off, crimp the new ones onto the existing wires then slide them into the new connector.

I probably will solder but I'd rather put back to original if possible if I can't find some original terminals.

It’s a shame that you didn’t bother to look up the part no on your original connector as I suggested. They usually have two part numbers. The BMW one and the manufactures one. Mine has 872-405 Amp written on it which is the manufactures part no. A Google search brings up loads of identical connectors with terminals. Just like this.

Attachments

• 57D85F93-4660-4206-827F-EF607A1CB994.jpg
    57D85F93-4660-4206-827F-EF607A1CB994.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 260
Its also a shame that some people can't help themselves from be condescending. I missed your previous post, nothing to do with not being bothered!!

For anyone else that has this problem, the connector housings, terminals and grommets are all available from BMW but you need to ask for the parts by number. My local dealer only pointed me in the direction of the repair kit. This enables a simple trim of the existing wires, new terminals to be crimped, and a new connector attached.

Connector: 1252 7507526
Terminals: 6113 8722290
Grommets: 6113 8366245

Hope this helps someone else.

Its also a shame that some people can't help themselves from be condescending. I missed your previous post, nothing to do with not being bothered!!

It’s your thread, you own it. You asked for help and advice. You got help and advice. If you miss any advice given to you, when it’s clearly written in a post in your thread, then that is your fault. You shouldn’t then start blaming people for being slightly annoyed at having to spend time repeating themselves............:green gri

Back
Top Bottom