Image Hosting?

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondered what services folks were using for Image Hosting for posting on websites.

I've been using Flickr, but I don't use it for anything else and the price has doubled, so I would like to drop it.

Does anyone use postimg? It seems that you can upload stuff that doesn't expire for nowt, which seems rather good.

I use Google Photos to back up my own stuff, so I don't need a service to back up my own stuff, only for using to share on the web.

Cheers
R

smugmug here .... :thumb2

I'm happy with Flickr pro, I've 5.5k photos on there which get plenty of interest 1.5 million views got some work from that and sold a few

Postimage.org works well for me. I really am a tech numpty and I can use it. I only use it for posting here, choosing to save my photos on a magic memory box thingy that stores them all.

Smugmug without a doubt :thumby:

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten ;)

:beerjug:

I just save everything on my PC.
Never felt the need to move it somewhere else.
Maybe there's a benefit I haven't spotted but no idea what it might be I'm afraid.
And yes I do back up my PC.

another vote for SmugMug. They have a great iPhone app and can automatically backup all your iPhone photos and videos.

I just save everything on my PC.
Never felt the need to move it somewhere else.

OP's original question:

Just wondered what services folks were using for Image Hosting for posting on websites.

If you want to share pictures online, they have to be stored on a server somewhere.

Another option:
While I've been using Flickr for more than a decade to keep some of my photos online, I use my (shared) webserver to host images and other odd files (.gpx files, etc) I normally embed into forum pages.
Quickly drop the files via FTP, then link on the forum.

Not exactly plug and play but it is a very simple process (unless one is technologically handicapped), gives you more flexibility, and web hosting costs are very low today. Especially if compared to the costs of some of those services.

Thanks for the replies.

Smugmug actually looks to be more expensive than Flickr.

I'm sure its a decent service but I'm not needing it for outside of website posting, so not for me.

Another option:
While I've been using Flickr for more than a decade to keep some of my photos online, I use my (shared) webserver to host images and other odd files (.gpx files, etc) I normally embed into forum pages.
Quickly drop the files via FTP, then link on the forum.

Not exactly plug and play but it is a very simple process (unless one is technologically handicapped), gives you more flexibility, and web hosting costs are very low today. Especially if compared to the costs of some of those services.

This is a good thought - and probably will tie up with something I intend to do in the work space for my own business - so could well be the way to go :thumb

Back
Top Bottom