Air Intake Breather Bypass.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bothered here in the UK to bypass the breather hoses from the cylinder heads to an independent vented catchment container?

So no residual oil vapours are sucked back into the throttle body via the air filter for burning off.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever bothered here in the UK to bypass the breather hoses from the cylinder heads to an independent vented catchment container?

So no residual oil vapours are sucked back into the throttle body via the air filter for burning off.

Why? What’s the point? If your engines throwing off that much oil it needs looking at, unless it’s a full race engine...

It is just a technical question having seen a few videos online about it being done.
Is it worth doing or beneficial to the performance. Considering most riders put on Stage 1 kits.

Too much chat chat on the HD forum section about nothing that educates the reader.
What have you done threads are basically putting accessories on or tyre/oil choices.

No criticism please of my assessment as 2020 has been shite enough.

Patria o Muerte

It is just a technical question having seen a few videos online about it being done.
Is it worth doing or beneficial to the performance. Considering most riders put on Stage 1 kits.

Too much chat chat on the HD forum section about nothing that educates the reader.
What have you done threads are basically putting accessories on or tyre/oil choices.

No criticism please of my assessment as 2020 has been shite enough.

Patria o Muerte

I think my answer was as technical as you need. If you don’t like the “chat”, find somewhere more to your liking...not hard, is it?

If you really want to delve into the technicalities of performance for the Twin Cam, there’s a great, weighty book to read ....”Perfomancing the Twin Cam”

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Donnys-Unauthorized-Technical-Davidson-Present/dp/0595527450/ref=nodl_

I have one, it basically collects the oil and then drips it onto the road directly in front of the rear wheel.
Also being constantly damp with oil, it collects road grime like a fat kid collecting sweets in a sweetshop.

Utterly fucking fabulous and worth every penny.
Get one now.

Andres xx.

My sister says FUCK OFF YOU SAD, NEEDY FUCK x

Have you had a row with your sister Dave? You seem a little angry

It’s probably because she has been sending out Christmas Cards to other men without his permission. That is a problem for her when you are foolish enough to marry your own brother. :(

Back
Top Bottom