Luggage bag

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, looking for a bike specific luggage bag with wheels and handle that I can put my helmet and bike gear in plus clothing and carry onto a plane either in hold or cabin.
Bag would be strapped to passenger seat.
I know Klim make one but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, looking for a bike specific luggage bag with wheels and handle that I can put my helmet and bike gear in plus clothing and carry onto a plane either in hold or cabin.
Bag would be strapped to passenger seat.
I know Klim make one but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Doc
I saw an ace looking Givi one a few years ago.
Might be worth seeing if they still do them.

Given the limited max size of carry on luggage, doesn't the helmet need to be a carry on separate to the luggage ? (I know my carry on luggage won't fit a helmet, but I'd expect the airline to let me travel with the standard carry on luggage + helmet carried in its own).

Hi Doc
I saw an ace looking Givi one a few years ago.
Might be worth seeing if they still do them.

I will have a look pal. Cheers

Given the limited max size of carry on luggage, doesn't the helmet need to be a carry on separate to the luggage ? (I know my carry on luggage won't fit a helmet, but I'd expect the airline to let me travel with the standard carry on luggage + helmet carried in its own).

If i have a bit of luggage it all goes in the hold anyway with stuff packed around my helmet. Reason i want something with wheels and handle is ease of lugging it round airports as depending on how long i am away it weighs a bloody ton.

Hi Doc,

I've got a Givi bag with wheels and extendable handle somewhere.

It might not quite be what you want but let me dig it out anyway. It's like a wheelie bag for hand luggage but then clips onto a Givi mono key platform as a Topbox. Not sure if you'd get a helmet in it but it's designed to carry computer, overnight clothes etc. And is overhead locker size.

If it might work for you I'll see if I can find it later and take some pics.

Toddy

Hi Doc,

I've got a Givi bag with wheels and extendable handle somewhere.

It might not quite be what you want but let me dig it out anyway. It's like a wheelie bag for hand luggage but then clips onto a Givi mono key platform as a Topbox. Not sure if you'd get a helmet in it but it's designed to carry computer, overnight clothes etc. And is overhead locker size.

If it might work for you I'll see if I can find it later and take some pics.

Toddy

Great thanks pal. Hoping i can get something to get a helmet in as well ideally. Yours might not be big enough but worthwhile having a look.
Thanks again.

Hi Doc,

Ok found the bag and taken a few photos for you.

It measures about42cm X 42cm x 20cm and is more or an overnight bag with compartment for computer etc. Ypu wouldn't get a helmet in it, but then again it's designed to be hand luggage sized which you can then just clip into your rack when you get back to the bike. Let me know if it's of any interest.

If not, and you want something bigger that takes all your gear, then I would recommend an Ogio kit bag like this:

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/ac...ig_9800_le_motocross_wheeled_gear_bag_-_black

I've got one which I use to put all my off road kit into, and can then wheel around. The disadvantage is these bags are much bigger so hold luggage only and I'm not sure how it would work for securing to the back of the bike. Possible but not neat I would say.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 155
Thanks Toddy. Yes bit to small and other might be a bit big although depending how long i am away for it might be the only solution. I usually use a massive bag anyway as i have to put all my riding gear in there plus general clothing.

Thanks Toddy. Yes bit to small and other might be a bit big although depending how long i am away for it might be the only solution. I usually use a massive bag anyway as i have to put all my riding gear in there plus general clothing.

No worries Doc and hope you find something that works for you. :beerjug:

Bag on seat is my only option as panniers and top box are full.

That one would do, but at 130 litres would be big. With you asking for wheels, I assumed it would be big or why would you want wheels?

I only use tail bags, just pack lightly to be fair, but we’re all different.

That one would do, but at 130 litres would be big. With you asking for wheels, I assumed it would be big or why would you want wheels?

I only use tail bags, just pack lightly to be fair, but we’re all different.

I transport bikes for a client so usually panniers and top box is full of his gear.

Back
Top Bottom