KEIS Heated Gloves keep cutting out

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I’ve been a heated gear convert for years, and have had Gerbing, then Warm and Safe and now a full set of Gerbing socks, trousers and jacket and hooked them up to my glove liners. I use a Warm and Safe dual controller with the remote mounted on the left side of the bars, with the yellow circuit trousers and socks, and red jacket and glove liners.

The kit has been powered from the battery, via a panel mount on the left side of the bike and then a curly cable.

I took the plunge and ordered a set of KEIS textile gloves and an adapter to Gerbing as the latest versions are of course not compatible.

KEIS now have an LED button controller on the back of each glove (waste of time and really bright at night), and this means they cannot be powered by a controller, they need a direct cable.

I’ve not used the setup on the bike as a whole until today.

The gloves come on and then flash and go off, this is only when the other two zones are on (the gloves take a Y feed from the panel mount, but don’t go via a controller.

When there is a decent draw, the gloves shut off. I can replicate this off the bike as have a 12v power supply, and as soon as the power demand goes up, (when trouser and jacket are on) the gloves must sense the drop in power and cut out.

I’ll be on to KEIS on Monday, but wondered if anyone else has Gloves with power controller on the back and other items, and does it all work together.

Thanks Richard, I assume they go in between the glove and Y lead? More dangly wires to hide!

I also had this problem, but in my case the controllers were cancelling each other out. As Keiss customer services put it, they needed to be isolated from each other. Ie, the vest controller commanding only the vest and the gloves taking power from the separate supply in the vest. It was all to do with the way the vest controller was plugged into the vest.

I can’t see why they have to be switched on the gloves, it’s a step backwards and the gloves seem to be very fussy, I have a separate feed from the rest of my garments, and the previous non controllable glove liners worked very well, just a bit too much padding on my fingers to feel the controls properly, and I couldn’t get a pair of outer gloves large enough

So, after a call to KEIS support and a diagram, they emailed me back and said the green flashing is when they get too much power, and that as their gloves were working fine, it was basically my problem as I dared to use their kit with ‘third party’ equipment.

I have ordered the voltage regulators as suggested by Richard (the support guy didn’t mention them).

So, after a call to KEIS support and a diagram, they emailed me back and said the green flashing is when they get too much power, and that as their gloves were working fine, it was basically my problem as I dared to use their kit with ‘third party’ equipment.

I have ordered the voltage regulators as suggested by Richard (the support guy didn’t mention them).

Fingers crossed. They solved it completely on my Honda...

Never heard of this.
Or the controllers - been using Keis for years.
The switches have also been on the gloves for at least the last 5yrs. Only issue is that certain jackets contact the switch and turn them off occasionally.

The voltage regulators didn’t help so have to come up with a cunning plan which will probably see me sell the Keis as they won’t work on the same power feed as anything else and their support told me to do one.

It’s a moot point as bike has probably only done 500 miles in the past 12 months and it’s got to go back to BMW to get the final drive and the cylinder changed due to corrosion but they won’t loan me a bike as I live too far away.

I’ll try a fresh wire from the battery to the gloves, it already has its own feed branching off the existing line so it’s 50-50.

All in all a shite outcome

The voltage regulators didn’t help so have to come up with a cunning plan which will probably see me sell the Keis as they won’t work on the same power feed as anything else and their support told me to do one.

It’s a moot point as bike has probably only done 500 miles in the past 12 months and it’s got to go back to BMW to get the final drive and the cylinder changed due to corrosion but they won’t loan me a bike as I live too far away.

I’ll try a fresh wire from the battery to the gloves, it already has its own feed branching off the existing line so it’s 50-50.

All in all a shite outcome

What a pain...

Back
Top Bottom