BMW R80 GS

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had numerous BMW's over the years I now fancy an airhead and have boiled it down to either a R80 G/S or a later model R80 GS

I have been offered a really nice R80 G/S which I am seriously considering , but having seen some recent posts and pictures of a R80 GS on here , which I really like the look of , I thought I would see if anyone is looking to sell one

Ideally I would want a black and yellow "Bumblebee"

There's something about the black and yellow which really works. I used to occasionally see a chap on a black and yellow XT350 near Angel of Islington in the mid 90's. It really stuck in my mind. I also really like the round headlight gs too.

Remember, if you're of the mind to do it, you can pick a similar one and get it changed to a bumble bee if you're not too worried about being a purist.

Good luck with your search. :thumby:

By the way, Mikeyboy has just picked up a GS project so that may be worth asking him what that is. Then you can get one fettled to suit you. A virtually new old bike. :D

Also worth looking at is BaMW, Gary Burton has some top notch restorations. If not in stock he might have existing customers looking to sell their bike.

Good luck on your search mate ... didn't think that was such a terrible price ...you'll be lucky to get a decent one for much less ... :0(

I was about to say the same thing. You'll get something cheaper but you'll spend more rebuilding it. That, on first looks, looks a decent bike for the price.

These things are not cheap, but they don’t depreciate. So you can spend the same as you would for a modern LC, but it’ll still be with the same ina few years time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was about to say the same thing. You'll get something cheaper but you'll spend more rebuilding it. That, on first looks, looks a decent bike for the price.

The preferred option would be a cheaper bike initially and then do all of the work myself (or as much as i can) over time even if it ends up costing more

I don't think ive ever seen a bumble bee 80gs I think the red ones were more popular. much nicer to ride and look at than a g/s for me and possibly the paralever gs is my favourite bike if pushed to name one. though I prefer riding newer bikes now :p I still have 80 basic for nostalgia and pulling out the shed on occasions . good luck with your search :thumb

I posted up as I thought that was a reasonable price.

Of course not knowing your budget.......

I posted up as I thought that was a reasonable price.

Of course not knowing your budget.......

I appreciate the heads up , I think it may be a while before I find one but you never know.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a fantastic r100gs bumble out there somewhere, if you see it in your search please give me a shout!!

I would prefer a UK bike but if the price was right i would consider it

i have a r80gs bumble bee 1992 uk bike totally standard un molested for £5000 and i am only half an hour away from you i think about 60 to 65 thousand mile last owner had it a long time i have had it about 5 years but not used it much

i have a r80gs bumble bee 1992 uk bike totally standard un molested for £5000 and i am only half an hour away from you i think about 60 to 65 thousand mile last owner had it a long time i have had it about 5 years but not used it much

Sounds great , I’ll send you a PM , hopefully we can do a deal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom