Fuze Block or PDM 60

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm after fitting an electronics distribution system to my HP2, already got a Fuze Block FZ1 on the 690 and it seems to work well and be pretty straight forward, but there are some nice features (timed delay on/off mostly) on the Rowe Electronics PDM 60.

Anyone got any experience of one vs. the other?

I have the PDM60 on The Long Ranger - I wish I knew what it did. Green LEDs are as much as I understand about it. :D

Air in the bottom, fuel in the top and oil in the middle... that is my mechanical knowledge.

I have a Fuzeblock on my 690 too.

I have a PDM60 on my old Africa Twin XRV750. I think I like the PDM60 better as it’s very neat and flexible with no fuses. Easy to program up.

Both have been 100% reliable.

I would be happy enough with either.

I have the PDM60 on The Long Ranger - I wish I knew what it did. Green LEDs are as much as I understand about it. :D

Air in the bottom, fuel in the top and oil in the middle... that is my mechanical knowledge.
I'm the same, without quite so much air in the bottom. However, the PDM does make it easier to wire in accessories...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I'm the same, without quite so much air in the bottom. However, the PDM does make it easier to wire in accessories...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thank you. I get 'my man' to do that kind of thing for me!

I use a Fuzeblok. Real simple. Ignition switched or not. Never had a problem or blown a fuse.

The PDM60 is clearly more HiTech, but delivers the same result.

I’m computer savvy, but couldn’t be arsed driving my bike’s fuses from a pc.

If size matters, then one may have an advantage over the other.

Two thoughts re PDM60:

Is it Mac OS compatible?

I can't get my bike upstairs to be close enough to the computer.

tom

I just went with an FZ1 in the end, I know it works, it's pretty straightforwrd, and I don't need to programme it. I've seen a couple of people say the PDM 60 randomly resets itself and needs to be plugged back into a laptop to fire it up again - not often, but this is for a travel bike so I don't want it doing that at all!

Two thoughts re PDM60:

Is it Mac OS compatible?

I can't get my bike upstairs to be close enough to the computer.

tom

Back
Top Bottom