1995 R1100GS front rotors wave washers keep disappearing

Freeman1100GS

Reaction score
Question:1995 R1100GS front rotors wave washers keep disappearing. I bought new bobbins, washers and bolts. They lasted longer than when I previously replaced only the wave washers they disappeared almost immediately. This time they lasted quite a bit longer but in the end have still disappeared again.

If I have to have them does anyone know how to fix the problem I have so they will stop stripping off? If not is not having the wave washers a real problem because I have found that when I noticed they were gone I have been riding quite a long while without them anyway.

What you need to do is discover if you have excessive run out of disc or wheel

Or are they just cheap ones and not OE spec

For that matter Have you installed them correctly?

You need to find what is causing them to "disappear" usually its corrosion and issues with disc run out, flexing them past their working range causing cracks and then away they go

I bought the washers through the BMW dealership. They cost like $2 a piece. I hope they were OEM. I'll check disc run out.

I have tried using rubber, fiber and mylar washers. even the super thin ones are to thick and don't offer the flexibility

They're pricy and I have had the same prob before... Check your caliper pistons are all free moving... if one side is sticky then the disc gets pushed sideways and buggers the washers... It doesn't need much but will happen Over again if a piston or two is tight...

They're pricy and I have had the same prob before... Check your caliper pistons are all free moving... if one side is sticky then the disc gets pushed sideways and buggers the washers... It doesn't need much but will happen Over again if a piston or two is tight...

This gets my vote!

Back
Top Bottom