Help needed sourcing 12v connector

Pretty sure they come on the cheap sat navs sourced from ebay / china

nope just check the on i had in the drawer, it's different

why does it have to be that specific connector? can you not use another type of connector ??

Pretty sure they come on the cheap sat navs sourced from ebay / china

nope just check the on i had in the drawer, it's different

why does it have to be that specific connector? can you not use another type of connector ??

I bought a Hondo Garage Juiced Squeeze phone mount, but since it costs the same as a small car I want to switch it between bikes.

That’s the connector on the juiced squeeze, as below, and I want to wire in the female side into 3 bikes, and to save making up another connector I’d like to see if I can find the one above
d3b1b26c682d5e1465380d1a863aaeae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other thing ive seen similar on, strangely enough is outdoor Christmas tree lights

Homebase did some sets some years ago that could be linked using a similar connector (it was on the end of the set, so you could daisy chain them together)

I know it's probably not the rout you want to go,

But if you take the other end of the lead could you not cut that off with a tail and turn that into a short flylead that you can then attach to a more readily available connector x3

Probably doesn’t answer your question but I use these on my bikes, they don’t have a thread but they are waterproof, I can let you know where these are available by pm if you’re interested.

Attachments

• 5F0DAFD1-A5BA-4B4F-A448-7BFE6B849AA4.jpg
    5F0DAFD1-A5BA-4B4F-A448-7BFE6B849AA4.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 292
  • F66AA4EA-2B13-496D-AF68-B543B1CE3347.jpg
    F66AA4EA-2B13-496D-AF68-B543B1CE3347.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 279
Yes, I could just put a superseal or something the female side which would work, but then I've got a connector connecting to a connector! It would be neater if I can just find the same connector. Don't know why they used such as obscure one - there's plenty of suitable connectors more commonly available. The side connected to the device itself seems pretty much permanently connected and it's quite short so I don't want to chop that and replace the connector.

These connectors do seem to be used on lights, so you're probably right about the Christmas tree lights, according to the Chinese Alibaba shop.

The only other thing ive seen similar on, strangely enough is outdoor Christmas tree lights

Homebase did some sets some years ago that could be linked using a similar connector (it was on the end of the set, so you could daisy chain them together)

I know it's probably not the rout you want to go,

But if you take the other end of the lead could you not cut that off with a tail and turn that into a short flylead that you can then attach to a more readily available connector x3

Probably doesn’t answer your question but I use these on my bikes, they don’t have a thread but they are waterproof, I can let you know where these are available by pm if you’re interested.

Thanks, may take you up if I can't find the one that fits.

They look similar to the connectors on Oxford heated grips

Thats looks like an audio XLR connector

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 216
£9.43 for 10 pairs with 20cm cable each. Have I read that correctly?

As much as we should be making more 'stuff' in this country, no manufacturer in this fair land is going to tool up, make a suite of mould tools, procure and cut cable, tin tails and hold stock for that price.

RS would expect to be charging £20 per pair........

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 172

They look good - but why only by PM, why not make the knowledge freely available to all readers? Seems a bit 'Secret Squirrel'. :thumby:

I take it these were wrong as well.

I searched the google images link, and also eBay, via the link you put up and as many similar search terms I could think of. Since they are to fit an existing tail, even if they are a bit different I don't think they will work, and also they do all come from China so they'll take an age and then there'll be VAT, duty and the handling fee to pay. The ones I posted up in the first picture are the right ones but I can only find them on Alibaba and don't think that supplies direct to consumers, at least I don't see a way to do that.

Back
Top Bottom