A "pre" air filter

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening gents, don't know if this is a good idea, or already been discussed, but last time I was on a big trip, when I cleaned my k&n filter it was full of crap. So I was thinking would it be a good idea to place a pre filter, sponge type, on top of the main filter to help it. Would this hinder the air flow, or would this be a good idea? Your thoughts please gents, and please be gentle:blast. Cheers Steve.

Evening gents, don't know if this is a good idea, or already been discussed, but last time I was on a big trip, when I cleaned my k&n filter it was full of crap. So I was thinking would it be a good idea to place a pre filter, sponge type, on top of the main filter to help it. Would this hinder the air flow, or would this be a good idea? Your thoughts please gents, and please be gentle:blast. Cheers Steve.

Steve , I have a pre-filter on all of mine . One is a genuine Uni Filter , the rest I made myself from the black foam used for Aquarium filters

https://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/media/NU-7311.pdf

Guy's that's brill, I've just dug out a g450 sponge filter and cut a rectangle to fit over top of k&n. Looks like this will work a treat, jobs a good un :beerjug: Thanks for your quick responses gents, and have a nice evening.

I've used a unifilter for 40k miles or so on an xCo. When I took it down to Gambia the 1st time, I added a course mesh filter on top. Checking the filter after crossing the Sahara, there was very little inside the filter and the airbox was clean. The bike seems to still breath well.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom