Abs and warning lights

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi gents, havnt started her for a while, and although on an optimate, and a very cold day, she struggled to turn over but did fire up, on the first try. However the abs light is flashing and the warning light is as well!!
Each time I pull in the front brake I get the servo buzz as before, the brakes work fine, do you think this is a battery related issue? Cheers Steve

I've got the same problem. I took the ABS sensors out and gave them a clean. The rear did have a bit of dirt. The battery has been on a charger but as you say it was cold only turned the bike over sluggishly. I took it for a quick run but the ABS lights stayed on. The battery has not been great since I got her a year ago, so have ordered a new today.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Take it for a run and get a bit of charge in the battery, stop and turn everything off, turn ignition on and let it go through it’s full system checks, then press start, you might well be surprised :thumb

Very much the same issues, please let us know if the new battery cures the problem :beerjug:

Just to say the new battery didn't fix the ABS issue. The bike is going into Steptoe(of this parish), who will probably bypass the ABS, a common mod on these bikes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom