Oil coming out of oil fill hope even though its plugged

Irishdude

Reaction score
Hello there
Was wondering if any of you know what this could be ,
When im riding the r1150 GSA I do see oil pooling up on top of head and it looks like its coming out of the filling hole.
I replaced the rubber ring on the cap but that didn't help.
I'm thinking it might be engine breather pipe somewhere on top of the engine that might be getting squished somewhere,
it didn't do this before I rebuilt it.
any ideas or suggestions where to check lads ?

If you look closely there are two ‘O’ rings, and you’ve only replaced one of them. Take the filler cap out and then lever out the mating piece and you’ll see the second ring :thumb

Rebuilt it?
What have you done to it?
The oil filler has two parts,
The cap ,
And the seat, both have o rings.
The oil breather is on the top of the engine ,towards the rear on the r/h side,there is a rubber hose that comes off the engine and goes to the front/top of the air filter housing.

Behind where the tank bolts on is a tube about 25mm in diameter

It goes onto a spigot on the airbox You may have kinked/squashed it during reassembly ?

Two new O rings will likely sort the issue

I always stick a smear of rubber grease on them The rocker cover insert part is a bastrad to get in if both are dry

Rebuilt it?
What have you done to it?
The oil filler has two parts,
The cap ,
And the seat, both have o rings.
The oil breather is on the top of the engine ,towards the rear on the r/h side,there is a rubber hose that comes off the engine and goes to the front/top of the air filter housing.

the plastic chain guides smashed to bits so i had to take it apart to replace them,

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...ounds-like-a-bag-of-bolts?highlight=irishdude

Thanks for the tip

Back
Top Bottom