Keyboard mapping

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit of a weird problem this morning. Any Ideas what's happened and more importantly how to fix it. This morning started doing some emails and found the " and @ have swapped positions. Every other key still correct. Have typed out every other key and symbol an all are as they should be. The @ was originally above the 2 and the " above the ' but now swapped.

Checked system preferences and keyboard, all seems ok. Done a restart and still the same. Not changed anything, as far as I know. Any Ideas

Keyboard language changed?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

If your runing windose, sounds like it's lost you default setting and has resorted to merkan

were out of brexit now , so you can use merkan with ease :)

Are you using a MacBook and typing through remote access to a Microsoft product? That's the only time mine does that.

As above, there are several setting for keyboard layout in windows, dig deep and make sure your default main keyboard is set to "UK English" and not "American English" :okay

Am using an IMac with bluetooth keyboard, camoe with it. Not consciously changed any settings. Just opened up and started emails and it had changed from day before.

Seems the keyboard language in settings was changing. Bit more research and fixed. Just selected British not British PC in Keyboard settings. Then delete others, British PC, USA. And all back to normal. If I didn't delete others in language it keeps reverting back so important to delete. Easy to re add from menu if needed at some point.

Back
Top Bottom