Courier for heavy parts

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to get my 1100 gearbox up to Mikeyboy for a reconditioning.

Under normal circumstances I'd find a reason to be travelling up the M1 and drop it off, but at the moment I can't do that.

So, please is anyone aware of a courier service that can transport heavy parts like this at reasonable cost?

Cheers,

Paul

Look on the web for local companies to you that do palletised freight deliveries, easiest and cheapest way

Local Man & Van guy would probably charge circa £60.

How much does it weigh? I recently sent some vehicle parts weighing just under 30KG for less than £15.00 via parcel force, as long as it was under a metre long when packaged was good for the option I needed.

Collected from my address and delivered a few days later in Dorset. Admittedly the parts I sent had little value so it was only covered by the standard £20.00 value, but it cost less than I thought it would.

post the job on a courier comparison site. You'll get different quotes from different couriers. Search courier comparison. I moved a stove previously

Not on the topic of cost, but mikeyboy did a superb job of rebuilding my gearbox 2 years ago (stripped input shaft), 10k since and shifting has never been sweeter !. Can recommend 110 %

Not on the topic of cost, but mikeyboy did a superb job of rebuilding my gearbox 2 years ago (stripped input shaft), 10k since and shifting has never been sweeter !. Can recommend 110 %

Thanks Golfy. I just need MB to open a Camberley branch and I’ll be sorted. :aidan

Thanks Ian - I'd estimate 40Kg??? Won't know for sure until it's liberated!

Paul,just weighed it, no oil with a plastic cover 18.1kg.
Had it send in sturdy box, all no problem...
DHL up to 20 kg is £10.40 + some insurance for value...

Thanks Albatross that is really helpful. That’s a lot less than I had imagined - less than the cost of fuel if I’d driven!

I really appreciate you taking time to help.

I booked a 23kg parcel with DPD yesterday. Less than £20 collected. Next day delivery.
Not sure what the max size allowed is, but this is 99cm x 60cm x 50cm.

Back
Top Bottom