Preston Harley (Bowker) down

I have you advertised it on here ?

I haven't, solely because during lockdown individuals can't travel to look at it or buy it/collect it, whereas frustratingly businesses can.

I spend most of my working life shouting at people to ensure they adhere to the rules, so can't be flexible with them myself - or encourage others to flex them.

Video calls etc work - professional courier all doable

Just bought an M340d over the phone this afternoon after a short video call

It's being delivered from Coventry on Friday :thumby:

I’ve just had a boat delivered from Devon to Hampshire - all legal as the delivery co is allowed to work..

Keep us abreast of the impending H-D purchase.:thumb

I will.

Dealer is suggesting mid to end Feb as they need to get the workshop back off furlough to service it and check it over before they transport it to me.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get them to do a couple of extra tweaks before they do.

I will.

Dealer is suggesting mid to end Feb as they need to get the workshop back off furlough to service it and check it over before they transport it to me.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get them to do a couple of extra tweaks before they do.

Remind me what you're getting? (presuming you've said somewhere on here?) Did you buy from Cheltenham H-D?:nenau

Remember now....black RKS.

That's the one.

Back at the end of the summer I went and looked at stock Road King Special in Cheltenham (the midnight blue one) that was advertised as a 2020, but it turned out to be a late registered 2019. The price was way off for a 2019 bike and Cheltenham HD have since changed the price. They say reduced, I say corrected, but either way it didn't seem as if there was any room for negotiation.

It's still there.

After spending a lot of time on AutoTrader and the like I found a black RKS that the original owner had spent big on; stage 1 with both Vance and Hines Power Duals headers and 450 Destroyer (good grief) slip-ons, heavy breather and FP3, rider and passenger seats and passenger backrest from the CVO Road Glide, chopped engine guard, adaptive Daymaker headlight, flush fuel cap and fuel gauge and nearly all of the Kahuna black collection. They've also fitted the 12" apes which I'm less convinced by as I prefer this look (and likely riding position)

WNg2q0q.jpg

The bars are lower and further back than stock (similar if not identical to the Fat Boy bars). No longer available but I've found some NOS in the US. Not yet though.

Anyway, the black 2019 one with all the kit on was, after a little negotiation, only a few pounds more than the blue one in Cheltenham. Though not within walking distance.

Of course the problem with not having the bike to poke and prod and sit on in the garage is that it gives me more time to scroll through forums and watch youtube videos which has inevitably got me worrying about sumping and wondering if it's a good idea to have the 2020 8-lobe oil pump fitted. And as the cam cover and cam plate has to come off to do the oil pump, that would be the obvious time to be the stage II... Or perhaps I was thinking about the stage II and that would be the obvious time to do the oil pump...

I've not committed to anything more than just buying the bike at the moment.

That's the one.

Back at the end of the summer I went and looked at stock Road King Special in Cheltenham (the midnight blue one) that was advertised as a 2020, but it turned out to be a late registered 2019. The price was way off for a 2019 bike and Cheltenham HD have since changed the price. They say reduced, I say corrected, but either way it didn't seem as if there was any room for negotiation.

It's still there.

After spending a lot of time on AutoTrader and the like I found a black RKS that the original owner had spent big on; stage 1 with both Vance and Hines Power Duals headers and 450 Destroyer (good grief) slip-ons, heavy breather and FP3, rider and passenger seats and passenger backrest from the CVO Road Glide, chopped engine guard, adaptive Daymaker headlight, flush fuel cap and fuel gauge and nearly all of the Kahuna black collection. They've also fitted the 12" apes which I'm less convinced by as I prefer this look (and likely riding position)

WNg2q0q.jpg

The bars are lower and further back than stock (similar if not identical to the Fat Boy bars). No longer available but I've found some NOS in the US. Not yet though.

Anyway, the black 2019 one with all the kit on was, after a little negotiation, only a few pounds more than the blue one in Cheltenham. Though not within walking distance.

Of course the problem with not having the bike to poke and prod and sit on in the garage is that it gives me more time to scroll through forums and watch youtube videos which has inevitably got me worrying about sumping and wondering if it's a good idea to have the 2020 8-lobe oil pump fitted. And as the cam cover and cam plate has to come off to do the oil pump, that would be the obvious time to be the stage II... Or perhaps I was thinking about the stage II and that would be the obvious time to do the oil pump...

I've not committed to anything more than just buying the bike at the moment.

I see they've still got the blue RKS at Cheltenham listed as a 2020 machine. They are an odd bunch over there, I can't weigh them up. Even before they had the excuse of covid you had to prod them with a stick to get them to do anything like give you some service.

Enjoy the bike when you get it. :thumb

That's the one.

Back at the end of the summer I went and looked at stock Road King Special in Cheltenham (the midnight blue one) that was advertised as a 2020, but it turned out to be a late registered 2019.

That's interesting. Back last summer I had a similar experience with Oxford Harley-Davidson in Abingdon who happen to be part of the same group as Cheltenham.

They had an Ex Demo 2020 RKS in black advertised on-line for sale in their showroom. I popped up to take a look with a view to a test ride and sat in the corner was a 2019 RKS in black which turns out was their current Demo :loopy

When I asked the salesman as to why their current Demo was a 2019 model his first response was to deny that it was a 2019 and claimed that it was a 2020.

He stared at the bike for a few seconds then said. "What's the difference" :blast

Maybe it is something to do with Blade Group?

When I asked the salesman as to why their current Demo was a 2019 model his first response was to deny that it was a 2019 and claimed that it was a 2020.

He stared at the bike for a few seconds then said. "What's the difference" :blast

Maybe it is something to do with Blade Group?

My salesman was good enough to point out that you could tell them apart by the wheels.

"and the 2020 having RDRS" I added...

Back
Top Bottom