R100RS bars

Rawls

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to fit RT bars to my RS. (I don’t have the fairing fitted). Is it possible to fit RT bars only without having to fit longer cables and wiring harness etc. Anybody know?

Not possible without changes to the switchgear. Try Motorworks for sh parts. Given the number of RTs converted to cafe racers, there should be a few about.

I had a feeling this would be the case, thanks for confirming. You are right, there should be plenty of second hand parts available, I also need the bars.

You can get k75C, K100RS ones to go straight on

Ah really, that might be an option. I’m trying to achieve more height and width for comfort. Find it uncomfortable riding with the standard RS bars for any distance.

Ah really, that might be an option. I’m trying to achieve more height and width for comfort. Find it uncomfortable riding with the standard RS bars for any distance.

You are not going Quick enough :green gri :green gri :green gri :green gri

I will try to photo graph them side by side as I have some spares if you want

You are not going Quick enough :green gri :green gri :green gri :green gri

I will try to photo graph them side by side as I have some spares if you want

You have a good point, it’s certainly not a problem at speed! A shoulder replacement and age does not help in slow traffic around town!

A photograph would be most helpful, thanks for the offer.

Bar options

Here is a comparison shot of RT-style bars I happen to (coincidentally) have for sale on ebay. The link to the best set is

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Airh...191523?hash=item2f524c3f23:g:xJkAAOSw7WJf-zEs

but I'm not offering them for sale here, just for you to browse options. The top set of bars in the picture is the RT standard. Of course, if you bought them, that would be coincidental, too!

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 126
Here is a comparison shot of RT-style bars I happen to (coincidentally) have for sale on ebay. The link to the best set is

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Airh...191523?hash=item2f524c3f23:g:xJkAAOSw7WJf-zEs

but I'm not offering them for sale here, just for you to browse options. The top set of bars in the picture is the RT standard. Of course, if you bought them, that would be coincidental, too!

Thanks for these images, I need to find out what changes to the bike I will need to do to be able to fit these, as Posh Pete says switch gear and cables etc.

He's correct. If you have a handlebar MC you may need to buy longer brake pipes. If it's under the tank a new brake cable? I've a couple of RH (start/stop) long (520mm) switches (see my other items on ebay). And I'll PM you on something. The crash pad will need assessing depending on the bars you buy.

Back
Top Bottom