Nav prep retrofit on F750GS

charles kernahan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I had a BMW dealer retro fit the Nav prep kit for my BMW Nav VI, on to a ex demo 2020 F750GS I bought from another dealer. Unfortunately it appears the menu toggle to activate the Multi-controller does not seem to work, therefore I can move between the bike TFT menus, but can't get to the setting where the multi controller wheel will work the Nav VI functions. Any ideas what the problem is? I am rebooking the bike back to the dealer that fitted the Nav prep, but they don't seem to understand. Does the software need to be updated on the bike to recognise the new Nav cradle? I've contacted BMW Tech but they just say go to dealer! Anyway thought I would sling this one out there as someone else may have had a similar issue.

Hi, did you hold down the top part of the menu rocker button to switch between the nav and TFT?

Hi Charles.
My understanding on this from other forums is,
If the Nav Prep is not fitted at the factory, the bike Can bus system is not set up to look for it when it starts up.
So, if you retro fit the hardware, the BMW dealer also needs to enable the feature in the bike system with their computer equipment.
You would think the dealer would know this. Get in touch with them and ask.

Dave.

Bikes software needs updated , sometimes it can take a couple of attempts before it fully downloads, on my 1200 it took more time to update the bikes software than to physically fit the new hardware

Hi guys
Yes eventually got it sorted, it was not a simple job as I understand took a couple of goes by dealer as well as getting advice from BMW hq techs.

Back
Top Bottom