2021 V85tt

Vulpine2

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pics from Italian press just been posted on FB page. Slightly different graphics for the bi-colours and have added a solid black option. Engine has a couple of extra riding modes ('Sport' and 'Custom') and slightly more power/torque - which appears to be down to a different cam. And, more importantly for some, now comes with tubeless rims. RRP gone up by £200-£250, available from March.

https://www.inmoto.it/news/news/ant...S5curqgaei3EcejpD6u0arfN40T0cpt7gAKnueC2UQ7C8

Last edited:
Pity they didn’t add the Caponord front mudguard as standard as well?

Those tubeless wheels look worthwhile as it seems they are not just a conversion but the real deal with spoke ends visible on the rims. Wonder if it revs higher to get more power and if torque is improved a lower rpm.

I'm hoping the wheels are quickly available as an upgrade to the old model, and are reasonably priced.

Cannot understand Guzzi, they are part of Piaggio which also owns Aprilia who had proper spoked tubeless wheels on the old 1000 Caponord yet Guzzi insisted on using their own Heath Robinson attempt at tubeless spoked rims on the Stelvio .

Cannot understand Guzzi, they are part of Piaggio which also owns Aprilia who had proper spoked tubeless wheels on the old 1000 Caponord yet Guzzi insisted on using their own Heath Robinson attempt at tubeless spoked rims on the Stelvio .

Heath Robinson attempt ?

Youtube video - what other tweaks can you spot?

I found the pause button useful when watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRwQR20bWU

Others have already spotted what appears to be an oil sight window on the rear offside of the engine + repositioned exhaust sensors.

I much prefer the design of the 'old' graphics but I do like the look of the new wheels even if they have lost the logo...

That looks like a gearbox fill/level plug.

Defintely. Strangely it looks like it might be a glass on some of the side on shots but its clearly a plug on the front 3/4 shots.

I do quite like black bikes and I don't like the idea of the red bike frame for a long term ownership proposition stone chips etc , black is easier to touch up. I'd go for the black bike , black frame but I'd powdercoat the rear rack and headlamp carrier red (like the other colours) to pick out the red highlights. Maybe a red mudguard off the red version too. I wonder if they've dropped the one off colour for the Travel version, that was actually growing one me.

Tubeless tyres are good :thumb

i'm surprised they haven't done some sort of special 100th Anniversary version ?

Heath Robinson attempt ?

Rubber washers on standard spoke nipples , I test rode a stelvio ntx when they came out and both front and rear wheels had slight leaks on at least one spoke .

The dealership said that it was an issue on every bike they got in and required remedial work

Rubber washers on standard spoke nipples , I test rode a stelvio ntx when they came out and both front and rear wheels had slight leaks on at least one spoke .

The dealership said that it was an issue on every bike they got in and required remedial work

Thanks

The pics/videos show spokes fitted to the outer rim of the wheels so no O rings. Looks to be more or less the same as the wheels on my 2011 GSA.

Wish they had put an 1100 or 1200 engine in it as well, or at least offered that as an option

Seems that the gearbox oil level check amd change is awkward to say the least on the pre-2021 models, something I did not spot when buying my bike. It is due every 18K miles or 3yrs but still an oversight by Guzzi, why take a backward step compared to much older models, the mind boggles. When mine is out of warranty, may look into getting a filler plug put into the casing or if possible change the gearbox casing for a later one whichever is easier or most cost effective.

I owned a Stelvio and these rims are a different design - looking at the pics, as has been said these are laced to the outside of the rim like a GS. Stelvio rims were laced to a bump in the middle of the rim, that as you say contained rubber washers - a bit like the DIY tubeless conversions available for the V85. TBF my rims were fine - maybe I got lucky?

I was lucky too it seems on my Stelvio (2010 with earlier 2 valve head). From memory the tyres lost about 1-2 psi over a week or so when in use but during storage 3psi over a couple of months.

Has this been mentioned anywhere yet ?

ab9adb020c797207a9fa931cdc0aea79.jpg

This milestone in motorbike history has an extremely elegant colour scheme in its purely racing essence, combining the satin-finished metal of the fuel tank with the green of the fairing and the leather on the seat. Colours that also characterised the 350 Bialbero, one of the most victorious bikes in history, the unbeatable dominator of the 350 class in World Championship GP Motorcycle Racing, with the amazing record of 9 consecutive world titles (5 Rider and 4 Manufacturer) from 1953 to 1957.

Green was also the first colour “worn” by a Moto Guzzi with the Normale, the first model, and probably the most iconic of the Eagle’s colours. The Style Centre reinterpreted it in a modern approach with a matt finish and associated with metallic colours the express the solidity and authenticity of the Larian brand. The body colours are matched with a saddle covered with a natural coloured material, like that of leather, to highlight the typically Italian attention to detail.

Other distinguishing details are the eagle in a gold finish and the dedicated logo that graphically celebrates Moto Guzzi’s 100 years.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1611251340035.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611251340035.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 570
  • FB_IMG_1611251409990.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611251409990.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 563

Back
Top Bottom