Best bike everrrrrrrr ?

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The verdict is in

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NjouTO75NZU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

£20k for a new one, £10k for a second hand one or £5k for the best one ever. The 1150! :D :thumb2

I was impressed with the clarity of the comms system though.

Arsey interesting video if it had been 5 instead of 30 minutes...;) Cold,wet,grey,straight & boring roads and the guys still enjoy themselves...I would be miserable...:D
As for the best bike ever the current 1250 GS is pretty close...Much better than the 1200 that feels flat compared to the 1250 as also being mechanically much quieter and more refined than the engine of the 1200 LC...2 different cam lobes , 84 additional cc and quieter timing gear are definitely worth the additional money.
All BMW can do on the next gen GS is drop a few pounds by going to a cast frame what even Ducati did on the new Monsters & Multistradas,making a tank size in between GS and ADV as 20 litres is a little small and 30 too big and still too small in some remote areas,route the exhaust that it doesn't rob the right case of 1/3 of it's capacity and giving it 160-170 hp to make it more exiting...At least the XR version for the guys who prefer the letter S for Strasse to the letter G for Gelaende...:thumb Otherwise I would say right now the regular 1250 GS with the ADV sports-suspension and lighter cast wheel is the current GS' cat's meow
The M1400GS or R1400XR though definitely will be the best bike everrrrrr !
Arsey I guess we won't see you next sunday going down to C.S.L....too bad.I was looking forward to meet your friend Giles wearing Spandax or not...:D
As also Stick :beerjug:
Happy New Year ! It can only get worse...;)

They make some valid points I think.
The 1250 isn’t £10k better than the 1200 and does seem to be fitted with some needless tat.
But nobody seems to keep a modern GS out of warranty these days so many will just change to a newer model using PCPs regardless.
They’re right about those bars too.Swapping video continuously between the two bikes highlights how vulgar those gold bars and yellow grips are on the 1250.....

They make some valid points I think.
The 1250 isn’t £10k better than the 1200 and does seem to be fitted with some needless tat.
But nobody seems to keep a modern GS out of warranty these days so many will just change to a newer model using PCPs regardless.
They’re right about those bars too.Swapping video continuously between the two bikes highlights how vulgar those gold bars and yellow grips are on the 1250.....

I agree with you on the chassis and gimmicks as my 2016 TB was great and to be honest the suspension on the 16 was better than the new one ( upgraded to TT ) its the motor that is worth the upgrade if you can afford it as it is so much better . If you dont need the extra the old one is just as good just not as much power.
Never done PCP and suppose I am a GS man as tried and owned so many other bike that for me , my style and needs have never come up to expectations of a bike for all seasons. I have other bikes for certain needs but always default back to the Gs

highlights how vulgar those gold bars and yellow grips are on the 1250.....

I think the colour design of the 40th anniversary looks cheap and nasty. Sorry to New owners

But then it always takes me a while to catch up on trends.:D

With regard to the video, it makes me appreciate Bogan’s efforts even more!

I agree about the 40th year colours. Awful. The grey tank sticker on the Rallye looks crap too in my opinion. I am about to order a new GS1250 and am going for the grey and white one. Think it looks cool.

The grey tank sticker on the Rallye looks crap too I'm my opinion.

Agreed. I think they must run a competition at the local secondary school.

Back
Top Bottom