New Bike - Pillion and Luggage

For two up touring with plenty of luggage space i cant really fault my 1250A. Plenty of power and suspension is good.

Micko - great info thanks - I was looking at the kit when we last had an NEC show we could visit! I'll probably be on the lookout for a heated suit for next winter now on the basis that we're hopefully just a few weeks from improving weather, and lockdown means we can't go anywhere anyways!!!!

Engineer - agreed - my GS dozes off on the motorway too! IN fact even though there's 3 bikes in the garage - she always prefers the later GS with ESA...says it's comfiest...

I have full heated, but I find the heated pants are blissful and usually ride with just these. The heated pants warm the blood going to your feet and send the heated blood back into your body. Wearing the full kit is too warm generally with today’s high spec jackets, and heated grips take care of the hands.

I use Klim Latitude riding gear which is a gortex shell without zip in thermal liners, I find it's cool in the Summer especially with the vents open, but not very warm in cold weather. I feel the cold on my upper arms the most rather than my legs. After some online research decided to get the jacket (with heated sleeves) rather than just the heated vest, then discovered that the gloves plug into the sleeves, so got the gloves too. By the time this lockdown is over and we can do what we like again it will probably be Summer. Story of my life, good idea at the time, but......

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Done several tours with Mrs S on my GS1250 TE and both of us can ride all day in complete comfort. Great two-up touring machine..

I have pulled the pin, hit the trigger and signed on the dotted line. When I contacted a couple of dealers to get some prices I was expecting the usual 10-week delay. But nearest dealer had a new one of the right spec in stock. After a bit of haggling (including laughing at initial p/ex offer) we have reached an agreement and I've done the deal.

Took the K1600 out for a spin this afternoon. I'm going to miss that bike. I will take the F700GS out later this week. I suspect I'll miss that bike too.

I think the GS is the best two up bike I have owned ( so does the wife). The balance of the chassis fully loaded is confidence inspiring. Depending on your leg length, maybe the lower chassis version is worth a try.

I ride two-up 99% of the time and the 1250 is more than capable of comfortable and fast touring :thumb2 It’s just not quite as good as my old R1200RT fully loaded on a twisty road due to the higher centre of gravity, especially when the top box is fitted.

Attachments

• 9A669A30-5F3A-430E-A5DD-3CEB19866ECE.jpeg
    9A669A30-5F3A-430E-A5DD-3CEB19866ECE.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 196
  • C2C14FFC-9558-4C2D-B508-DA95565138EF.jpeg
    C2C14FFC-9558-4C2D-B508-DA95565138EF.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 198
I ride two-up 99% of the time and the 1250 is more than capable of comfortable and fast touring :thumb2 It’s just not quite as good as my old R1200RT fully loaded on a twisty road due to the higher centre of gravity, especially when the top box is fitted.

I agree with you about handling with top box fitted - but there are differences. I have athe R1250GS and have the luxury of choice between the Vario Topbox and a Givi 52l Trekker box. The Givi I usually use for touring/holidays, liking the extra capacity, but I prefer the Vario most of the time for day-to-day running. It's quite surprising the difference in handling with each of them fitted, the Givi, being slightly taller due to the additional rack and wider anyway does make the handling just a tad more clumsy than with the Vario topbox fitted.

Back
Top Bottom