R100GSPD box of bits

Glad you are ok and on the mend but absolutely gutted about your bike. You and Mikeyboy must be well and truly fed up about that

Thanks folks.

I bought the bike to be a keeper. :mad:

I have had a very lucky escape in the accident and thanks to good padding in my kit I have escaped with only 2 minor fractures.

Looked after by my daughter for a week but back home and getting better every day.

Hoping to be able to get my own socks on soon. :D

oh what a bugger glad your recovering. that bike was my favourite mikeyboy build by miles. such a shame all that effort. lets hope theirs a Phoenix in the ashes somewhere down the line :thumb

get well soon Gerry. we all drop bollocks but Christ that's a big un
Bike will mend and hopefully so will you

Who's socks are yer wearing at present then?
Gu Steady = See yer soon

Gerry - I’m absolutely GUTTED for you and your beautiful bike!!
But the important thing is, as all your friends have told you, thank God you’ve escaped (relatively) unscathed.
ATB
Richard

Get well soon my friend. If you can or want to get the bike back I am sure Mike can work his magic.

Gutted for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you heal well, we bounce less as the years pass don’t we :D

I’d love a 100PD but prices are rising faster than my savings. Hope yours get straightened out ok

That's a proper bugger and must have been truly shocking. Hope you're feeling much better as soon as can be.

Oh My Lord! Glad to hear you survived as walking wounded, but even so those will be painful injuries and ones that make life awkward while you recover. Buy a pair of Crocs, no socks needed! :D

On the bright side, the value of the other remaining GSPDs has just gone up with one less left. ;) I remember being at Donnington covering the Vintage motor racing for Motorsport and one of the Lotus XIs dropped its oil just on the start of Redgate. The marshalls were a bit slow to get the red and yellow flags out and Mark Knopfler was no a happy bunny as he launched his Maserati 330 into the tyre wall arse first off the oil spill.... and over hearing the comment by another 330 Maserati owner to that effect, that his car had just doubled in value! :thumby:

I am glad rider survived and has enough humour left to tell the tale. Echo crocs - Lidl do them cheaper.

We must be careful how we entitle our threads…..!

Thanks again for all the concerns for my welfare.

My physical health is improving day by day but my left hip is still raw at times.

I got my socks on this week and managed to walk 2 miles today. :thumb

It was the third anniversary of losing my wife to cancer today so determined to get in and drive my car to the cemetery (and get some petrol).

Having succeeded I will go to the East Midlands breakfast tomorrow.

Current news on the bike is not good. Cat-B wright off because of bent frame and has to go to a breakers.

Good news is the agreed value is being honoured.

I will pursue any option to buy back but dealing with a call centre (script) at present is a hindrance. Any tips on persuading my insurance welcome.

If successful I will be looking for a frame with V5C.

Cheers Gerry

Ah bollox, sorry to hear that. I’m in the market for an engine if you’re selling ….

Too soon?

Hi Nin,

I have now bought the salvage.

I have also obtained a (straight) GS frame with log book from Motorworks.

The engine is being checked by Mikeyboy and will be used in the new restoration. :thumby:

Cheers Gerry

Hi Nin,

I have now bought the salvage.

I have also obtained a (straight) GS frame with log book from Motorworks.

The engine is being checked by Mikeyboy and will be used in the new restoration. :thumby:

Cheers Gerry

That's a bit of good news at last - it's been painful reading this. At least your bike is in the best possible place for a restoration.

That's a bit of good news at last - it's been painful reading this. At least your bike is in the best possible place for a restoration.

Yes, I am glad I was able to get the bike back to Mike.

Back
Top Bottom