FC-MOTO & PALKTALK

peter56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
FC-MOTO are doing a good deal on cardo palktalk. But we all know people have had problems with units in the past. Its a bit early to buy now because I am worried about warranty ticking by. So my question is this does anyone in the UK come close to fc moto price ?

what trouble??
it can be hard to make them connect up, but they do work eventually is that what you refer to?

what trouble??
it can be hard to make them connect up, but they do work eventually is that what you refer to?

I just researched reviews and some have trouble with poor volume and recognising voice commands. I am aware of the the connection problems

I just researched reviews and some have trouble with poor volume and recognising voice commands. I am aware of the the connection problems

Because the instructions are not great, but there is loads of advice on how to set them up. I have an original Packtalk for over 5 years and have not had one issue. But I did have a problem with my G9 when I first bought it, and having a UK supplier to go to made the swap easy.

Because the instructions are not great, but there is loads of advice on how to set them up. I have an original Packtalk for over 5 years and have not had one issue. But I did have a problem with my G9 when I first bought it, and having a UK supplier to go to made the swap easy.

yep UK warranty, I think is the way forward. But will have to pay a bit more than FC MOTO

I've just bought a single Packtalk Bold from Infinity.
I mailed a Dutch outfit who were advising them much cheaper but Brexit has screwed it up and the price advertised was not the price it would eventually cost.

I bought a packtalk duo off amazon a while back and it came with full 2 year warranty from Cardo

I bought a packtalk duo off amazon a while back and it came with full 2 year warranty from Cardo

Have you made any warranty claims ? I read somewhere it might have been amazon customer reviews that cardo will not recognize amazon. And you have to send to amazon not cardo. But amazons returns is no where near cardo,s 2 year policy. I could be wrong. Wish I could get some clarity on this. I am happy to be proved wrong

Have you made any warranty claims ? I read somewhere it might have been amazon customer reviews that cardo will not recognize amazon. And you have to send to amazon not cardo. But amazons returns is no where near cardo,s 2 year policy. I could be wrong. Wish I could get some clarity on this. I am happy to be proved wrong

Be keen to see that one. There is a bit of information from a Google search that shows Cardo were not honouring two year warranty when bought from Amazon USA, by USA customers as some of the units being sold were for the Euro market.
Wh6 not give Cardo a call? I bought mine from eBay and had a little problem which was all sorted via the seller with Cardo.

I just had a problem with an 11 month old Blink camera. No drama or problems with Amazon, refunded for the camera without a need to return.

OK so emailed cardo and this is the reply ;-

Thank you for reaching out to Cardo Support.

Your case number is C-00#######

Cardo will honour a 2-year warranty on all products and a 3-year warranty on the Packtalk Black as long as the unit was purchased from one of our authorized resellers.

Amazon, Amazon UK, and Infinity Motorcycle are all authorised resellers.

Please feel free to reach back out to us in the future if need be. We are always happy to help.

Perfect, thanks for the information... Amazon is a great price then. :beerjug:

Perfect, thanks for the information... Amazon is a great price then. :beerjug:

Just be careful it is amazon and not one of their resellers trading on Amazons platform, because if it is, then its the reseller you have the warranty with and they would need to be an authorised reseller by Cardo I assume.

Just be careful it is amazon and not one of their resellers trading on Amazons platform, because if it is, then its the reseller you have the warranty with and they would need to be an authorised reseller by Cardo I assume.

Seems they are both Sold by and Dispatched by AMAZON with the link I posted previously

Attachments

• cardo.jpg
    cardo.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 115
Seems they are both Sold by and Dispatched by AMAZON with the link I posted previously

Should be fine then. I have had my original Packtalk for years and have never had to use the warranty, so it wouldn't bother me too much :)

Yes!
The charging port came loose and meant it was impossible to either charge the battery or connect to cardo website. (the app replaces this )
couple of emails outlining the problem, supplied a copy of the purchase invoice from amazon, and received an rma number and details of uk address to send it to.
they did say it would be assessed to see if it was a "user induced fault" which did concern me a bit, I did point out that the fault was clearly a design fault, but happily a few days later a new packtalk bold turned up ( i beleive they had had a duff batch of units with the same fault)
As an aside, their customer service is streets ahead of sena, who do not have a uk based service agent (or didnt back in 2019)

Back
Top Bottom