Aprilia Tuareg 660

I went into my local dealer and they have a couple of the red ones in and to sit on at least, feel very nice. I’ll be taking a test ride soon but doubt I’ll buy one as I simply don’t have a need and have too many bikes already. The old Tuareg was a brilliant bike I hope this one will be as good. It certainly looks great

Hi Chap, was that Colchester Kawasaki? Will they be having a demo bike do you think, the old GS is getting heavier as each year passes:augie Cheers:beerjug:John B

I went into my local dealer and they have a couple of the red ones in and to sit on at least, feel very nice. I’ll be taking a test ride soon but doubt I’ll buy one as I simply don’t have a need and have too many bikes already. The old Tuareg was a brilliant bike I hope this one will be as good. It certainly looks great

Hi Chap, was that Colchester Kawasaki? Will they be having a demo bike do you think, the old GS is getting heavier as each year passes:augie Cheers:beerjug:John B

hi John yes it is them and they have a demo I sat on it again yesterday as I was passing along with the Guzzi v85tt . the Tuareg really feels a quality bike, ill be having a go as soon as I get my butt into gear. get on down there :green gri

colchester Kawasaki are now doing these for £8999 plus otr (£110) until the end of the month if anyones interested. I tried to px my Harley but our valuations were too far apart to even haggle. shame

colchester Kawasaki are now doing these for £8999 plus otr (£110) until the end of the month if anyones interested. I tried to px my Harley but our valuations were too far apart to even haggle. shame

Good spot, I’ve just asked for a px quote via the online portal too. How harsh were they on px price to you?

Good spot, I’ve just asked for a px quote via the online portal too. How harsh were they on px price to you?

they offered me £5k for it . I was hoping for somewhere near 7 but expecting it to be 6 grand ish and the maybe haggle up. but no I was wrong. strange thing the salesman just left it there after I said no and didn't even ask how much I would like for it etc. he made no attempt to chase a sale. maybe I don't have a very good poker face:p

after a lot of thinking ive gone for the red one ! was going for the acid gold but changed my mind sitting in the showroom doing the order. still really like the gold/yellow but a decision had to be made. demo not available but it feels nice sitting on it :D

fingers crossed it won't be ages as its in stock :hippy:tigger:tigger:tigger

Lol, you couldn’t resist :D

They never even got back to me with a quote :rolleyes: , fine if they are knee deep in AT’s and don’t want it but it’s easy to reply with a no..

After riding the Essex Rallymoto track this weekend on my Africa Twin, I’m minded to keep it…not like it’s a rubbish bike and it was fun on the tracks

Enjoy the Aprilia :beerjug:

after a lot of thinking ive gone for the red one ! was going for the acid gold but changed my mind sitting in the showroom doing the order. still really like the gold/yellow but a decision had to be made. demo not available but it feels nice sitting on it :D

fingers crossed it won't be ages as its in stock :hippy:tigger:tigger:tigger

Let us know how you get on

Let us know how you get on

I certainly will :thumby:

Lol, you couldn’t resist :D

They never even got back to me with a quote :rolleyes: , fine if they are knee deep in AT’s and don’t want it but it’s easy to reply with a no..

After riding the Essex Rallymoto track this weekend on my Africa Twin, I’m minded to keep it…not like it’s a rubbish bike and it was fun on the tracks

Enjoy the Aprilia :beerjug:

they only have on AT in at the moment as they've just sold a 67 dct model @£6995 as I did consider one as they're great bikes but I ultimately wanted something that bit smaller and sitting on the in the showroom back to back made me go for the tuareg. I went there on my 990s and that feels quite a bit bigger and height wise im just about on tip toes where as the 660 im comfortably flat footed but still have 240mm of suspension.

I was feed up of over thinking bike buying and went a sort of non committal route of pcp that worked out great for me on the John banks africa twin deal a few years ago. I can handle throwing £2.90 into my hobby and simply equate it to not buying a cup of coffee or smoking 6 fags a day.

im really looking forward to getting it just waiting to here from the dealer :beerjug:

I got it today and only had a very short ride home so nothing much to say yet apart from it all feels so very perfect :okay...........apart from the notchy gear box:comfort im hoping it will improve with miles I don't know if its a "thing" I better get googling I guess.

Seen one on our trip, coming down from Col de La Bonette.

It was parked amongst the gang of Ducatis and lone GS.
Did not get a chance to see it up close as it was a case of split second ride by.

Seem a bit more rare on the roads than anything else out there.

Yes there’s not so many about at the moment but they haven’t been out that long I guess
I fitted the Moteo crash bars today, very easy fit unlike the centrestand which is still ongoing
cb0c64c3b943adc63e00117bfa474504.jpg

e6d1c14a76df4f44d290625321847044.jpg

c3986c6cb86f67162cea9faefe5925d9.jpg

2bd9f4831ee9c982db4179d4256c48b2.jpg

Very happy with the nice and bright dash a massive improvement on the early Africa twins effort. It’s a simple one button affair to select the off road mode which can be done riding along and reappears if the ignition is turned off and back on which is handy.

Ummm…….revisiting this bike as an option and wondering how it’s going Mr Tom? The Colchester deal sounds very attractive. https://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.uk/road-bikes/aprilia/aprilia-tuareg-660

Ditto

I’ve a lovely DCT Africa Twin but the Tuareg looks tempting

sorry for no update ive not ridden a lot for one reason or another . I had a great ride up to thetford forest to ride some trails on my first day out . it was about 150 miles and honestly I love the bike . its such a fun and easy to ride bike with great suspension not sure it can hit stuff as hard as my 990s but its early days certainly better than the soft suspension of my 2017 Africa twin. the size of the bike I really like , I did think about getting another dct AT as I love than auto transmission out on the open road but sitting on them both back to back the Tuareg is 2/3 the size feels much more natural sitting and standing and feels wayyy lighter (as it should)

My next ride was up to see jackass Dave of this parish a round trip of 300 miles a mixture of all types of roads with dual carriageway to try the cruise control. I wasn't expecting to hardly ever use it as ive never had it before but found it a great addition and fun to use. the display screen is first class and everything is easy to view and easy to change on the move. the seat is firm and wide where it needs to be but slim when standing . after a days riding it was probably as good as any stock seat ive used and certainly up for long days and that's without any sheepskin to air hawk additions which id use on tour.

the finish of the bike is excellent and on paper ticked my boxes hence me buying it. and now I own it im very please I went with this option. I want something for euro trips , some continental TET and general runaround as my only bike on the road (camper scooter not included:green gri) I wanted something that had qualities of some of my favourite bikes ive owned namely the dct AT 990 adv 701 enduro and importantly when the first 600 Tuareg appeared in the shops in 89/90 I had 2 600s and an excellent 350 version also using the rotax engine and the were hands downtime best 600 single trail bike available at the time with peg scrapping handling and excellent off road too. have great memories of them including riding down to Yugoslavia 2up .

when I first sat on it it just felt right so it has turned out to be so far. im expecting it to get even better when I can open it up properly. the intake noise is great when it starts revving and for me its fast enough. you do realise your on a 660 and not a 1000 plus bike but it doesn't mean its a bad thing. I prefer it to my 990 as I know it will start :D but im still keeping it.

its my perfect bike and the fact its cheap as chips (literally ) is the icing on a very nice cake. :okay

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom