Cleaning my 1250

Just a little concerned with dryers in that blasting too much heat 2800 (2.8Kw) could melt wires or affect paint. On the other hand would Bruhl 1400 be enough .

Yes, 1400w should just about be perfect. I have a master blaster combined blower/vac, which is 1200w and works absolutely fine for a bike. I can't think why you need anything more powerful for a bike.

Just a little concerned with dryers in that blasting too much heat 2800 (2.8Kw) could melt wires or affect paint. On the other hand would Bruhl 1400 be enough .

er no,it will be fine used with that magic ingredient common sense:D

The Bruhl 1900+ for only £20 more, has the option of heat or no heat. Not sure what the wattage is, web says 1600w, 1900w blow and 500w, 2100w heat.

I have a leaf blower already but it's the size of a small car and twice as heavy.

For about £80 you can get a nice small compressor from screwfix that will:
Dry / blast the water off.
Blow your tyres up.
Spray ACF 90
Do numerous other jobs in the garage.

Worked for me the last 20 years !

The Bruhl 1900+ for only £20 more, has the option of heat or no heat. Not sure what the wattage is, web says 1600w, 1900w blow and 500w, 2100w heat.

I have a leaf blower already but it's the size of a small car and twice as heavy.

Yes, it's the case that the 1900w (blow) also has a heating element. which is a nice touch, especially if it's raining and you are drying off the bike in the garage I suppose. It's not available for 120 - out of stock everywhere, presumably being updated, with a long lead time from what I can see - and i expect it wouldn't be discounted. So ordinarily would agree but not as it stands. The alternative would be to find another make with the heating model.

For about £80 you can get a nice small compressor from screwfix that will:
Dry / blast the water off.
Blow your tyres up.
Spray ACF 90
Do numerous other jobs in the garage.

Worked for me the last 20 years !

not a bad shout at all.

not a bad shout at all.

I reckon i use my compressor once a month for something or other ( cleaning the dyson filters, , checking the car tyres, etc).
At £99 its a great garage tool.

Yes, it's the case that the 1900w (blow) also has a heating element. which is a nice touch, especially if it's raining and you are drying off the bike in the garage I suppose. It's not available for 120 - out of stock everywhere, presumably being updated, with a long lead time from what I can see - and i expect it wouldn't be discounted. So ordinarily would agree but not as it stands. The alternative would be to find another make with the heating model.

I pre-ordered (and paid) from Sportsbike shop for £118. They will honour that price. I'll manage between now and when it gets here (estimated delivery 1st Feb) I'm sure, I've been using a compressor up to now.

I pre-ordered (and paid) from Sportsbike shop for £118. They will honour that price. I'll manage between now and when it gets here (estimated delivery 1st Feb) I'm sure, I've been using a compressor up to now.

Sounds good, i saw longer leads time given elsewhere. But, job done. I'd ordered something from Sportsbikeshop with a stock date of the 15th, yesterday - hopefully, I'll get an update on Monday.

When did "a proper clean" become "detailing"???

Hose, bucket of shampoo, hose off (final rinse with rain water because tap water here is very chalky), maybe blow dry with the pet drier (same as motorbike drier but half the price!). Microfibre mitt thing for big surfaces, old 2" paint brush for nooks and crannies.

Polish paintwork.

A couple of times a year I'll remove the wheels to clean them properly and get access to bits that are otherwise hard to reach.

I only use Autoglym products, including super resin polish and a couple of coats of extra gloss protector from time to time.

My top tip: what really makes a bike look clean, in my experience, is keeping the black plastic bits black. Autoglym bumper cleaner does this really well.

After washing with Sdoc 100. I wish again with a sponge and soapy water. Run engine to warm up. Then gently blow dry with leaf blower, then reapply ACF50.....done this for my last 5 Gs’s

Rowle
Thinking about a compressor as it has more uses, but is it as good as a blower, how do you spread the air over a large area rather than pin pointed from a jet. Do you have a problem with contamination from the compressed air? Given a choice purely for drying motorbike would you still choose a compressor
Thanks in anticipation of reply

Muc Off & then just some car shampoo in warm water. I also use the long soft stipple Muc Off brushes on the wheels, zorst, brakes etc not the screen, dash, paintwork..

WD40 for the oily bits.

Once I've hosed it off I use my PET dryer which is the same as the bike dryers buy a fraction of the price - will post a link as it works an absolute treat.

If I'm feeling enthusiastic at this point then some Silicone bike spray and glass cleaner on the screen & dash.

Been using a compressor but unless high output it takes to long. Just bought a pet dryer which is a lot quicker. That’s my twopeneth.

Been using a compressor but unless high output it takes to long. Just bought a pet dryer which is a lot quicker. That’s my twopeneth.

I find my compressor is a bit too aggressive and have, like you, moved to a pet dryer which is much better and OK with switch gear.

Back
Top Bottom