COVID refunds

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody been granted any insurance refunds, either bike or car, since the pandemic and lockdowns started due to vehicles not being used?

If so, were they voluntarily offered or did you attain them pro-actively by contacting your insurance providers?

No....and I've not chased it. I feel I pay peanuts anyway and would rather there were a good number of bike insurers left after all this rather than fewer and fewer...may be a naive...but I'm good with it.

Admiral sent us £50 per car on our multicar policy. We didn't request it.

I guess given the recent decision about business interruption policies that'll be going back the other way shortly..

Had an email from Hastings yesterday inviting me to visit their site and change my expected annual mileage and I may receive a refund. Not got around to it yet.

as i work in production and live events.. and we're cancelled as an industry till september-ish, back in April our broker contacted us to say our policy would be halved.

which has been nice of them

Had a request from Hastings but I've not followed it up, it also states that once lockdown is over the responsibility for updating your policy lies with you not them so I'm not bothering because I know I'll forget to update the policy once we're back to 'normal' or whatever the new normal will be.

If I don`t get a partial refund on my motorhome policy I shall be cancelling it, my other vehicles have been used as normal or more as I have been travelling as normal to Portugal....Much to my current insurers surprise:D

My wife got £5 from her insurers of her Mini. I got zero on all my three vehicles.

What are your plans for the unexpected nest egg? (or should I say, Mrs F's?)

Bizarre. Probably cost a small fortune to do that, which'll need to be recovered no doubt.

My insurance co has contacted me to inform me if my mileage was substantially lower than i proposed, i "may" be eligible for a refund on some of my premium

This the "may" as in, if it goes in your favour you wont get, but if it goes in our favour we will get ;)

They also advise that your premium "may" go up, but to contact them if it does

My other halves insurer have already told her that to make any sort of claim the mileage is only considered in reductions of 1K at a time

The enquiry to the extension of the warranty on the bike for the 6 months it's been sitting on the drive has been declined, as wait for it

The dealers are open to service and take care of your bike during the current crisis -

How would we know we have a warranty problem if we dont use them ????

What are your plans for the unexpected nest egg? (or should I say, Mrs F's?)

Bizarre. Probably cost a small fortune to do that, which'll need to be recovered no doubt.

I’m sure she bought a cheap bottle of Tesco’s finest.....:jager

got free RAC added to my policy for being a key worker.

nothing on the bike, automatically got £25 from Admiral during first lockdown

I only have a limit to the annual mileage with Carol Nash, and I won't get anywhere near it this year. I doubt I will even put 5000 miles on them, I can't see movement being easy for the rest of the year even with the vaccine.

We have the car with Direct Line and they have said to log your start mileage, which we did, and there is a refund of £20 /1000 not travelled. Again, I don't think we shall put many miles on it. I walk to do the shopping, it is only basics to carry back. Life is virtually on hold.

My classic car insurer got back and have said that the premium will be reviewed at renewal time end of March.

Back
Top Bottom