Replacement lights 1190 ADV

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 1190 has run pretty much since new with a Cylops LED light upgrade, but it looks like this will no longer get through an MOT.

Are there any plug and play replacement headlights? I don’t want to go back to the old candle light system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choose your MOT station wisely, and I can't see a problem.

^^^^ This ^^^^

I set mine up at my mate’s MOT place, a perfect beam pattern was the result.

Assuming yours were set up correctly how would an MOT tester even know they were not standard (especially with the LED DRL) unless they had an encyclopaedic knowledge of all motorcycles?

More shit to worry about that’s not worth worrying about :thumb2

Andres

Are there any plug and play replacement headlights? I don’t want to go back to the old candle light system.

I dont mind the swapping, its the pulling all the tank/bodywork off to get to the headlight that's a pain.
If you bin your cyclops unit, just chuck it my way ;)

You can get the headlight out fairly easily if you ignore the manual ;)

Can't remember the exact sequence, but you remove a couple of screws per side for the silver bits that hold the indicators, twist them down and away at the front to get access to the bottom 2 headlight bolts. Remove the top 2 bolts and the headlight comes out. All other panels remain in place.

I'm going with this sage advice. They are well set up and don't dazzle oncoming vehicles, and I never get flashed. I'll report back!

Back
Top Bottom