CPC Couplings BSPT and NPT - K1200R Fuel Tank

Burgess748

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

Started up my '06 K1200R after an extended lay up. Was welcomed by a fuel leak from under the tank. Tank came off and couplings inspected. Sure enough it was actually the female coupling which had cracked, unusual i thought. Male coupling was fine. Flange had been changed during a recall as it also had the metal reinforcing collar. Thread itself was also checked and no cracks.

I wanted to buy the metal CPC fittings, however the only ones I can find other than from Motorworks or Boneyard were ones from https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/products/cpc-plastic-and-brass-couplings/2/fuel-line-couplings/61/

Now these couplings have BSPT threads. I cant find any source of CPC fittings in the required 1/4" fitting with a NPT (Ive been led to believe the BMW threads are NPT). Are the ones from Motorworks and Boneyard BSPT or NPT fittings? The two standards are very slightly different. Couplings from Tom Parker are half the price of the other two suppliers so before putting an order in would like to know whats what.

I have read that you can fit a BSPT male into a NPT female as the threads are so similar but sounds a little iffy to me.

Has anyone had success ordering from a supply other than Motorworks and Boneyard? Any links would be much appriciated.

Thank you.

Which female coupling has broken ? I though these couplers just had barbed connections that pushed into the fuel lines then secured with a hose clamp ? Or is it the female coupler in the fuel pump itself which I didn't think was removable but happy to be told I am wrong - the BMW parts list does not show it as a separate part ?

Which female coupling has broken ? I though these couplers just had barbed connections that pushed into the fuel lines then secured with a hose clamp ? Or is it the female coupler in the fuel pump itself which I didn't think was removable but happy to be told I am wrong - the BMW parts list does not show it as a separate part ?

Evening Nicholsonj2252,

The female coupling is the CPC QD which screws into the fuel flange itself. Literally fell off in my hand. The Male 90' elbow fits into this coupling.

Evening Nicholsonj2252,

The female coupling is the CPC QD which screws into the fuel flange itself. Literally fell off in my hand. The Male 90' elbow fits into this coupling.

Every day is a school day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be very surprised if BMW where using NPT fittings on their bikes, l have an account with Tom Parker, what’s the part number of the item you need.

Afternoon Dennis,

BSPT was my guess being an English Standard. Emailed Boneyard in the States as was going to order through them, they are pretty sure its a NPT thread (?) A useful note now we are out the EU, Boneyard will not send direct to the UK anymore due to the increase in Tax Paper work, shipment through a "Forwarding" company in the US or a US based Friend now seems the only option.

Part numbers from Tom Parker are as follows;

Female Metal Coupling which fits to the Fuel Tank Flange;

https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/produc...pe-thread-valved-male-thread/649/clcd100040v/

Male 90' Elbow in Metal;

https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/produc...s/152/elbow-valved-hose-barb/654/clcd230-04v/

If anyone can correct me on the part numbers please do, but i think these are the ones to get.

Bit of a saving over other sources, although Boneyard still the cheapest abeit with more ordering hassle now.

Bit of an update.

Bought all the bits i required from the US, https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/fp-qdc735kit.htm?CartID=1

Same parts and price as Boneyard but will ship to the UK. $15 to ship so still considerably cheaper than buying in the UK, be interesting to see what charges i might get with regards Duty.....

The uncertainty if the thread was NPT or BSPT was enough for me to go with a kit which has been used successfully in the past.

Just stumbled across this thread, I had similar with my '08 GSA CPC female fuel coupling threads cracking and allowing fuel to leak.

The CPC fittings are not available from BMW, just the entire fuel pump housing at £350+ but Motorworks sells the CPC fittings for £14 in Plastic or £34 in metal. On the GSA they are a 3/8" NPT male thread (18TPI thread 0.675" OD.) Odd to see imperial threads used on a German metric motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom