Touratech screen set up

Rockeye

Reaction score
Evening all,

Wonder if I could pick your brains, I’ve just purchased a 2007 1200GS after a short foray into Triumphs, sadly I sold My GSA and instantly regretted it.

The bike has got a Touratech screen with a built in fairing piece( I’ll try post a picture once I’ve figured out how to) but it’s giving me really bad wind noise and turbulence.

If I was to change back to the original screen I wonder if anyone knows which parts I would need as it looks as if it replaces quite a lot of the original parts. The previous owner had it fitted from new so the original screen never came with it.

Also any recommendations on the best screen to avoid the dreaded turbulence on the 2007 model?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Many factors will determine which screen is best for you, height, frequency sensitivity, helmet etc , not just the screen.
I presume the tt setup has some adjustments, have you tried tailoring what you have? Many times you can adjust where the noisy zone is if you can’t actually eliminate it

Yes I’ve tried to adjust it along with the spoiler/ deflector I fitted from my old bike to try and reduce the noise, it seems slightly better with the screen and deflector fully upright. Without the deflector added the wind noise is greater.

My helmet is quite quiet (HJC) as had no complaints on the GSA.

I may plump for an MRA or the Givi airflow which looks quite large and adjustable.

Back
Top Bottom