Coopers

wheelnut

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...isn’t coopers any more. And rumour has it Mr G has thrown in the towel.

I got a call in early December about it no longer being Coopers nor owned by Inchcape and to reassure me that it would still provide the same high standards and retain the same staff.

Now Vertu Motorrad , Sunderland

Vertu bought out several BMW/Mini franchises late last year.
Inchcape apparently said they’d sold off some of their ‘underperforming’ sites - while Vertu thought they’d got a steal, which matched their aspirational brand collection.
Up till a few weeks back, it was the same friendly voices on the phone lines ..... but, that probably means SFA.

Got a call from Vertu to say my bike’s MOT was due and would I like to book it in now?... it’s not due until June :blast

Come down to Yorkshire

2 great dealers here in York and Shipley

Solus for BMW’s bikes

I have lost the free service I was due from Inchcape from getting f*cked about last year with the 800 and the new engine/warranty debacle.

Same premises, same staff etc etc (but not their problem) so basically the same old sh*te service as provided by Inchcape and Coopers before them

I have lost the free service I was due from Inchcape from getting f*cked about last year with the 800 and the new engine/warranty debacle.

Same premises, same staff etc etc (but not their problem) so basically the same old sh*te service as provided by Inchcape and Coopers before them

Did you have the offer of a free service in writing ?

Did you have the offer of a free service in writing ?

Unfortunately not, same as the ' 2 year warranty' paperwork was never sorted by either Inchcape or BMW UK, whole experience has p'@ssed me off with BMW main dealers

I came to the conclusion that BMW didn’t care about bike customers long ago. Which is a shame as my dealer was very good and I felt a bit bad when I ditched BMW in favour of a different brand.

Despite having crap service from the Coopers in Kent, after moving up north, I called in to Vertu, and asked about service/MOT on the GSA.
Was told it isnt possible to book in person, you have to call in even though Id made a special journey.
Just called the now central booking number to be told you have to go in with the service book (which I had on my visit) to get a price, and if I could just pop in they could give me a price somewhere between 300>600.

I did say Id already been in and was told that there was nothing they could do. Not able to book or get a price.

I asked them to remove my details from their system and wont be going back.

Great customer service.

Just booked into Carlisle, totally different experience, asked me what had been ticked in the book on previous services, and was really good to speak to.

Cant believe the difference between a proper service advisor and a call centre agent.

Despite having crap service from the Coopers in Kent, after moving up north, I called in to Vertu, and asked about service/MOT on the GSA.
Was told it isnt possible to book in person, you have to call in even though Id made a special journey.
Just called the now central booking number to be told you have to go in with the service book (which I had on my visit) to get a price, and if I could just pop in they could give me a price somewhere between 300>600.

I did say Id already been in and was told that there was nothing they could do. Not able to book or get a price.

Great customer service.

You were informed wrong. I was in yesterday and booked a run in service while the chap was at the desk.

Great customer service.

They were crap as Mill BMW, crap as Coopers and just as crap as Vertu

You were informed wrong. I was in yesterday and booked a run in service while the chap was at the desk.
Either way another lost sale for them, can’t be asked with all this double talk and even though I’m booked in much further away for a service I won’t be going back to Vertu

Either way another lost sale for them, can’t be asked with all this double talk and even though I’m booked in much further away for a service I won’t be going back to Vertu

Speak with Paul the service manager and give them feedback.

I have had no trouble with any dealer. Probably your approach

The Batari box ;)

FRO, have you had actually any personal dealings with the BMW dealership it its various iterations at West Boldon ?

Read my post regards the sh*t I had from Coopers, like them failing to bother to take out the 2 year warranty on an approved used bike that shat its motor after 4 rides and a matter of 100's of miles , and charging for a service whilst failing to pick up on excessive bore wear, buggered up main and balancer shaft bearings and an air box full of oil. Took BMW UK intervention to make them stump up for the new crate engine , they were also supposed to carry out the 600 mile service and the following years service to make up for almost 6 months loss of use. However, they then became VERTU , same staff, same premises etc etc and guess what they refused to honour the arrangement .

A large number of BMW Carlisle and BMW Dalkeith customers come from the North East and for good reason.

They have lost the sales to me of a new R1200GSA TC , two new R1200GSA LC's and a new R1250GSA LC in the past 10 years

FRO, have you had actually any personal dealings with the BMW dealership it its various iterations at West Boldon ?

Read my post regards the sh*t I had from Coopers, like them failing to bother to take out the 2 year warranty on an approved used bike that shat its motor after 4 rides and a matter of 100's of miles , and charging for a service whilst failing to pick up on excessive bore wear, buggered up main and balancer shaft bearings and an air box full of oil. Took BMW UK intervention to make them stump up for the new crate engine , they were also supposed to carry out the 600 mile service and the following years service to make up for almost 6 months loss of use. However, they then became VERTU , same staff, same premises etc etc and guess what they refused to honour the arrangement .

A large number of BMW Carlisle and BMW Dalkeith customers come from the North East and for good reason.

They have lost the sales to me of a new R1200GSA TC , two new R1200GSA LC's and a new R1250GSA LC in the past 10 years

Why do you keep going back?

As I said it’s probably your attitude not theirs

So have you actually had any dealings with them ?

Yes I have and always been impressed. Especially with one of the salesmen, William I think. The service guys are always spot on.

Back
Top Bottom