890 Duke replaces 790

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
KTM have now officially replaced the 790 Duke with a standard 890 Duke, having launched the 890R to sit above the 790 last year.

The 890R makes 121bhp and 99NM of torque but the standard 890 makes 115bhp and 92nm.
But that’s still a healthy gain from the 790, which from memory made 105bhp/86NM.

Two colours available for standard bike

ea54e02882d5dedf531150c2e676f15a.jpg

39145446a60effd51990baea5865af2d.jpg

A bit of blurb, from 44Teeth , plus it’s all on KTM.com

You forgot to mention the £2,000 price premium. Still makes the 790 outstanding value for money.

When did 900cc bikes become middleweights?

Am thinking of one of these as a second bike to my GS1250. Can't wait to test ride one when allowed.

Great....maybe knock the 790’s down a bit further as I’d be very happy with the old bike.

Its a bmx bike with an engine! Great fun !

Thank God they've ditched the Maxis tyres. They were truly awful ....

....And I see they've updated the brakes. Mine are ok, but only ... ok !

I didn't have mine long enough to concern myself about the Maxxis tyres, what's on the new one ?? (that print is too small for my dodgy eyes to read)

Conti's.

The maxis tyres were very budget. I had several moments on them. Changing to Metzler road tech 01's just transformed the bike ...

Conti's.

The maxis tyres were very budget. I had several moments on them. Changing to Metzler road tech 01's just transformed the bike ...

Late braking ?
You need to be smooth , look through the corner . There’s some good vids on here that may help :)

Late braking ?
You need to be smooth , look through the corner . There’s some good vids on here that may help :)

I had a bit of a moment coming out of a left hander on the gas. I mean .... a 790 middleweight loosing traction on the rear in the dry? That shouldn't happen!

My other was the front nearly folding, no brakes, just turning in on a pretty neutral throttle.

I had a bit of a moment coming out of a left hander on the gas. I mean .... a 790 middleweight loosing traction on the rear in the dry? That shouldn't happen!

My other was the front nearly folding, no brakes, just turning in on a pretty neutral throttle.

Whenever I gave mine full beans in the lower gears it always felt as if something was stopping it give its all.

Bloody electronics, sometimes they spoil your fun.

Thank God they've ditched the Maxis tyres. They were truly awful ....

....And I see they've updated the brakes. Mine are ok, but only ... ok !

On the advice of my local dealer I swapped the pads for Brembos. Much more instant bite and feel. A big improvement. I was going to go for EBCs but they recommended the brembos.

I will be having the Metzeler Roadtecs fitted when I am allowed to ride again.

They’re a great tyre

I paid 5 grand for an 18mth old 790 last year with 3000 miles.

£300 for new Power 5's and EBC HH pads and it's really a weapon now. Cheap thrills compared to the 890's, and all the electronics come as standard. The bike's pretty well sorted reliability wise compared to my previous 790 Adventure which was plagued with problems.

whoop whoop!

790 being upgraded at the end of the week to an 890R.

Really looking forward to it .... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom