Eco Mode missing 2021 R1250GS

bosnjo

Reaction score
Took delivery of my new GS. All is good but I can't choose ECO mode. I only have RAIN and RODE.
I have already confirmed, the book says ECO is standard on all 2021 R1250GS.
Tried direct mode button on right side of handlebars, only ROAD and RAIN. Manuals says to go to Configurations -» Vehicle Configurations to turn it on but when I go there I only have Hill Start ON or OFF, nothing else.
Note that my GS is base model, not one extra added on purchase. Still, ECO mode should be there. Not that I would ever use it but I'd like everything to be operational on the bike.
When I was messing with some other settings, I've seen ECO for one second on the corner of TFT and then it disappeared.
Maybe somebody could help.
Thanks

Was reading this in the manual

In ECO riding mode, the DTC
setting corresponds to the
ROAD riding mode.
in RAIN, ROAD, DYNAMIC,
DYNAMIC PRO, ENDURO and
ENDURO PRO riding modes, the
DTC setting corresponds to the
riding mode.
In DYNAMIC PRO and ENDURO
PRO riding modes, DTC can be
set up differently ( 80).

Is it possible that you've turned dtc off, and so this precludes having eco available?

Just fishing, I've no idea!

On my KTM certain features were not available until I’d covered a given milage or had a first service. Have you checked if it’s a running in thing.

Only done 121 miles on mine, eco is selectable.

You can only have 3 of the 5 settings ticked on the settings menu .
If no eco mode you probably have enduro and enduro pro ticked

4 settings are allowable, but the OP only has rain, road and, when working, eco anyway.

My bike is basic version, without any extras so as for riding modes it's supposed to have Rain, Road and Eco only.

My bike is basic version, without any extras so as for riding modes it's supposed to have Rain, Road and Eco only.

It should be selected per pages 79-81 of your Rider's Manual. The display should show how many modes are available on your bike & allow you to page through all 3 of them using the mode switch (1) on the left hand switchgear.

If that doesn't work for some reason, then it's back to the Dealer for an explanation.

It should be selected per pages 79-81 of your Rider's Manual. The display should show how many modes are available on your bike & allow you to page through all 3 of them using the mode switch (1) on the left hand switchgear.

If that doesn't work for some reason, then it's back to the Dealer for an explanation.

I guess it's going to be dealer's problem. Will go there tomorrow.

May i ask What is Eco mode ?

Why on earth would you want Eco mode on a bike

Seriously

To pass eu5 emissions, no doubt. But there may be the odd occasions when it could conceivably have a use. Remember once that I missed a service stop and the next was was very, very close to cleaning out the tank.

Then of course, you have all those GSAs doing round-the-world trips in deepest Africa etc...

Isnt it the silly upshift arrow that tells you the optimum time / speed/ rpm to shift up

So you get maximum fuel economy,

I believe if you do it for every ride between services, you get an extra hobnob and a gold star in your service booklet at the next service

Guess what got turned off asap - look at the road ahead, rather than some poxy arrow. which has you into 4th gear at little over walking speed lol

Back
Top Bottom