139.3 KB · Views: 640
  • Screenshot_20210122-164022_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-164022_WhatsApp.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 601
I'll send my breva up...

Now you'll be bored

:aidan

Many thanks Ash.
the 1200 2V sport was already a pretty clean bike. I stripped it down to engine and frame and cleaned every nut and bolt, replacing some and a bit of paint here and there. The observant will notice i painted the chrome tank strips black, I also repainted the brake and clutch reservoirs.

New screen, stripe down the tank and an Agostini exhaust. It sounds absolutely awesome with the baffle out, but I'm afraid these days I can't live with a constantly loud bike. I also gave the rear suspension a complete overhaul. The swing arm bearings where fairly corroded and replaced. Guzzi do have a tendency to use very little grease during assembly. So all other bearing where inspected and greased.

All fluids replaced and the rest of the bike fully serviced. Clutch fluid looked as though it was the original fluid despite the bike having a FSH.

All in all I'm very happy with the result. The 2V 1200's are a lovely bike to ride. Never going to be a sport bike, but I no longer ride in a sport like fashion.

Nice bike. Gold wheels a definite no no.

Thanks for the comments folks. I don't have the skill set of many on here (they know who they are) but I do love to strip a bike down as far as I can, which is usually to engine and frame,( I'm not too clever with internal mechanicals), then begin the process of cleaning, renovation and rebuilding. It's surprising how nice you can get an engine to look whilst it's still bolted to the frame.
This one is my 6th such project in the last seven years and I've thoroughly enjoyed everyone. 1st 1100gs...2nd Early Stelvio...3rd Guzzi 1200 2V sport....4th Early 1100 Griso....5th 1400 California (now that looked like a new bike when finished) and lastly this one.

Interestingly, with the exception of the California 1400, they have all sold on here. The big problem is finding them. It's often difficult to find stuff with a good engine that has been unloved and when you do folks are asking crazy money. I don't think I've ever made any money, but then again it's not why I do it. e.g. I've got £6.172.00 in this bike, the chances of ever recouping that are zero, I would think.

Couple of things I'm not fully happy with on this one. The front fairing....too much white. I need to repaint the white bit back to red and just put the stripe in. Not fully happy with the stripe on the tank, but it's only vinyl so easy to redo.

Oh and the wheels...they're staying black.

It's a rare day when I wouldn't go for gold wheels but on this bike it's a definite NO !!

Very nice bike - lovely job.

Lovely bike. I have been watching these for a long while now and the 2v ones only come up very rarely. Cracking!

Back
Top Bottom