Is it ok to remove the wheel speed sensors?

Motormed

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The ABS was de-activated many moons ago so would removing the sensors affect anything electrically?
Obviously the hole in the final drive would need plugging, is there anything else I should be aware of? :nenau

Bike is 1150 GSA.

Definitely not, you will die in a flaming ball of phosphorous and your next of kin will suffer from warts.

The ABS was de-activated many moons ago so would removing the sensors affect anything electrically?
Obviously the hole in the final drive would need plugging, is there anything else I should be aware of? :nenau

Bike is 1150 GSA.

You’ll be fine removing them.

The Speedo has a separate mechanical drive off the front wheel.

Ian:thumb

The rear one must stay, the hole it slots into is integral to the bevel housing. I had a constant leak on my old 1100gs that turned out to be a buggered sensor housing. The one in mine had a thin metal casing that somehow got crushed square by oil pressure in the Bevel box so that the O rings on either end wouldn’t seal.

The rear one must stay, the hole it slots into is integral to the bevel housing. I had a constant leak on my old 1100gs that turned out to be a buggered sensor housing. The one in mine had a thin metal casing that somehow got crushed square by oil pressure in the Bevel box so that the O rings on either end wouldn’t seal.

I was going to machine a nylon plug to substitue the rear.

No problem. If you remove the abs ring behind the rotor of your rear wheel, you can also omit the spacer from the rear wheel.

the question I have is simply why ? they don't eat or drink anything and if you are worried about weight then possibly you have the wrong bike :D

If you do remove them, make sure bike is stationary before trying.

Just saying.....

So glad you're pushing the Health and Safety message there, HTB.
Received and understood..........and I'll be wearing full PPE too, obviously.

the question I have is simply why ? they don't eat or drink anything and if you are worried about weight then possibly you have the wrong bike :D

The simple answer is why not? They don't serve any purpose now so might as well remove, especially as the rear wheel was off.
Are you saying my bike won't feel like a BSA Bantam once the ABS gubbins are gone??

Attachments

• ABS Parts Rear.jpg
    ABS Parts Rear.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 127

Back
Top Bottom