Hi from Newbury Berkshire!

Tristafarian

Reaction score
Hi all, is there anybody on here kind enough to let me use their diagnostic reader on my 1150GSA? I'm in the Newbury Berkshire UK area and have an obstinate ABS system flashing at me....

First, welcome. This is a great place and a fountain of knowledge.

Can't help with the reader, but my 03 twin spark 1150 GSA also developed a flashing ABS light back in 2016. Brakes worked fine and no other symptons but couldn't get rid of the flashing warning light. Removing the tank and checking out the dreaded servo revealed no problems and everything seemed to be working as the manual and on line research said it should, but couldn't get the light to go out. Following an appeal on here, one of the old hands told me to check the contacts in the rear light - not the bulb, but the socket it fits into. I did and noticed they were coated with the same sort of deposits you used to get when the old ignition points (remember them?) were arcing. Scraped the contacts clean, and a quick squirt of ACF 50 to prevent further corrosion/oxidation, new bulb and 5 years on there have been no more warning lights. Of course, this may not be what's causing your problem, but it's only 2 screws to get the rear light lens off, so worth checking before you get up to your neck in spanners.

Hi, ooh that's good to know, I'll have a check tomorrow. I've ordered an OBD reader and adaptor so will be able to see if there's any codes coming up too. Thought I may as well get one as I'm sure there'll be plenty going wrong with it. If it happens too often I'll take it out and just have normal brakes.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your fault finding.

I've got normal brakes on my 1150. They work fine. :thumby:

Firstly check the Battery...
Secondly welcome from a fellow Newburyite ! - give us a shout if you need a hand (except for oil and tyres.......!)

nearly forgot , make sure all your relays are seated firmly. i had 1 nearly out , light flashed constantly for ......3 weeks . pushed it back in , all good since.

Back
Top Bottom