New tft update

Zx9man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new to me r1200 Gsa with tft (old one had analog clocks 66 plate )
I asked for the tft to be flashed with the latest tft software to witch thay are doing
During my conversation they said their is a really big tft update on its way in March
I wonder what it could be

No idea but i bet it screws my satnav and intercom that I have working perfectly........

hmmmmm, my experience of TFT updates are that the dealers can't be arsed with em.It takes quite considerable amount of time with the bike plugged into the mainframe. They made all types of excuse at my local stealers, Mainframe down,we will do it next time, new update not on Main frame, lets do it next time, etc etc

just tell em you want the latest software and then can update in March as well

hmmmmm, my experience of TFT updates are that the dealers can't be arsed with em.It takes quite considerable amount of time with the bike plugged into the mainframe. They made all types of excuse at my local stealers, Mainframe down,we will do it next time, new update not on Main frame, lets do it next time, etc etc

just tell em you want the latest software and then can update in March as well

All dealer lies as the update packages are stored to local disk. Most dealers know very little about the process

Had my 70 reg updated December three hours thirty minutes later. Not a quick job folks.

I think that your dealer should say "There is an update to a really big TFT". New models should start getting the newer and bigger TFT with the full GPS incorporated at sometime during this year. I think that the R1250RT is going to be the first model to get it.

I think that your dealer should say "There is an update to a really big TFT". New models should start getting the newer and bigger TFT with the full GPS incorporated at sometime during this year. I think that the R1250RT is going to be the first model to get it.

The RT already has it. But I can't see a 10-inch screen fitting on the GS? Instead, might be a second version, perhaps squarer for its other range of bikes and perhaps on the next gen GS, maybe MY 23?

2020 bike delivered in Aug '20.

One thing I'm finding is that the TFT doesn't always remember my iphone- its ability to reconnect seeming arbitrary. Sometimes it'll lock in after a minute, sometimes not. On firing up the ignition, the TFT settings do no show that the iphone was ever registered and I need to repair the two.

Infrequently, the TFT connection with the phone will become intermittent before finally freezing. Stopping the bike and rebooting the phone is needed to reconnect.

2020 bike delivered in Aug '20.

One thing I'm finding is that the TFT doesn't always remember my iphone- its ability to reconnect seeming arbitrary. Sometimes it'll lock in after a minute, sometimes not. On firing up the ignition, the TFT settings do no show that the iphone was ever registered and I need to repair the two.

Infrequently, the TFT connection with the phone will become intermittent before finally freezing. Stopping the bike and rebooting the phone is needed to reconnect.

Same as mine - july 20 model.

Evening Guys. I follow TFT comments on this and other forums have 2018 GSA software is probably two version behind the known current and I have an excellent relationship with my dealers service manager, as mentioned earlier there is allegedly a major software update around March possible delayed I would think because of covid, the view is its major but no details released so far.

I have set up my system following a UTube VT which was the basis for a FB site BMW TFT connectivity following that pairing procedures I have no issues for a year including BMW connected App. The only addition to the procedure is adding a Quadlok so the phone is sat on the Bars adjacent to the TFT.

System is now IPhone 12, Nav 6, SRL 1 have media on the phone and live stream radio

Have the odd audio failures but turning off and back on cures that

sw version is 022-005-041 done on the 18/12/2020

Onlt rode home after update so no chance to access.

005-041 was the version on my new 1250RS when I collected it at the end of September.

I’m still on sw version 001_019_180, bike purchased July 20 never had a problem, just tried it all this morning and everything connected.

My bike is one week old with software version 022_005_041 and my Android phone connects well every time.

Back
Top Bottom