expired ncb

ddanby2002

Reaction score
hi everyone, ive rode bikes 600cc to 1200 from the year 2000 to 2016 when i sold my gs1200 adv .. now i built up 15 years ncd, i then had to get a car for my jib and haven't been on a bike since, now im looking at a 1250gsa rallye, and im told i have zero ncb after they expire, is there any insurers that will cary them or consider them??? only one ive found is adrian flux who will consider 3 years max... proper annoyed !!! thanks

In similar circumstances I contacted my previous insurer and after some pleading they gave a goodwill 40% for continued custom. It's good to talk

It's kind of crazy, but even if I give up bikes temporarily I'll most likely keep and insure something ultra-cheap just to keep the NCB.
Good luck, must be frustrating.

It's kind of crazy, but even if I give up bikes temporarily I'll most likely keep and insure something ultra-cheap just to keep the NCB.
Good luck, must be frustrating.

That is the advice that I have given to a number of mates who were taking a 'time out' from motorcycling.

Somewhat predictably, when I sold my last motorbike (eight years ago) I didn't do it......:blast

Had the same problem four years ago after not riding for a while

Went from 9 to nil, despite still driving a car.

Bummer

No doubt the resident expert will be along shortly to give his view ,

But from what i remember it use to be NCB expires after 2 years if not kept live

Some insurers will carry insurance over, but i cant remember if it's bike to car, or car to bike,

only one ive found is adrian flux who will consider 3 years max..

Am in sort of the same boat with 'lost' 9+ years NCB. I allowed the policy to lapse on renewal in late 2018 when the brokers were bought out by another company who, it turned out, were crap. Given that I was also running a seperate classic bike policy I parked the modern bike over the winter planning on putting it back on the road in the spring. Most (all?) classic policies don't accrue NCB or take them into account so I knew that my 9yrs NCB was on hold. For one reason or another the modern bike never did go back on the road and, like most folk, I barely rode at all in 2020.
Come 2021 and a new bike's on the horizon. I do have another policy with 4yr NCB in my back pocket (accrued on smaller bikes with Bennetts - who allow a lapse of up to two years) but would be great to get the full 9 back so really appreciate the info re Adrian Flux. Have used them in the past for my van so will have to give them a call.
Hope you manage to recover your full NCB or, at the very least, a sizeable contribution

As above NCB carries over for 2 years , car or bike.

hi everyone, ive rode bikes 600cc to 1200 from the year 2000 to 2016 when i sold my gs1200 adv .. now i built up 15 years ncd, i then had to get a car for my jib and haven't been on a bike since, now im looking at a 1250gsa rallye, and im told i have zero ncb after they expire, is there any insurers that will cary them or consider them??? only one ive found is adrian flux who will consider 3 years max... proper annoyed !!! thanks

Hi ddanby2002, did you get anywhere with this?

I'm having similar issues.

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

looks like I am in the same boat, I am returning to biking after 6 years and didn't think my NCB would expire :rolleyes:

My online quote has just trebled when i put in 0 NCB instead of the 7 I thought I had .. :blast

That is the advice that I have given to a number of mates who were taking a 'time out' from motorcycling.

:thumb
Most of my bikes have been on a mass grouped classic policy for several years now...which does not have an NCB feature on it.

To preserve my long term NCB, I have two lowish premium cost bikes on separate "standard" policies.

Hi,

looks like I am in the same boat, I am returning to biking after 6 years and didn't think my NCB would expire :rolleyes:

My online quote has just trebled when i put in 0 NCB instead of the 7 I thought I had .. :blast

Give Devitt insurance a try. They were cheaper with 0 NCD for same cover, than the other big names with the 2 years I thought I had (but didn't!)

Back
Top Bottom